Can you be in love with someone you've never met?

Okay, there is a family at church that I've grown to really like and become friends with. Their son is currently serving a mission but will be back in 12 days! Anyways, since last November his mom and dad (mostly his dad) have been basically trying to convince me to date their son. They've shown me videos, pictures, emails, etc. that he has sent to them while on his mission and from what I can tell and from what I've been told we both have the same sense of humor and we'd probably get along pretty well. I don't know if they have told him about me, they said they have but I'm not sure I believe them, it just feels weird because I may actually like this guy and I haven't even met him yet! He just turned 20 and I will be 20 in September by the way. Am I weird for liking him? Advice please! I feel like it's gonna be awkward when we meet!

Most Helpful Girl

• I never met Eminem or Evan peters
    But I love them deeply

What Guys Said 4

• I would think that you have to have some sort of interaction before you can fall in love. At the moment its just pics, videos and words. There has been no communication between the two of you. You would need several weeks of phone, text, video chat before you can have any idea if this guy is right for you! It sounds to me like this could turn into a kind of arranged courtship.
    I think you may want to meet this guy at some point and decide for yourself! The things that his parents think are great may be abhorrent to you. This is your decision and yours alone. Don't let yourself be blackmailed into something you don't want just to please others!!

Take care, stay safe!!

• I've seen it happen in rarer cases, most of the time what happens is a person falls in love with the idea of a person and not that actual person themselves. I am a big believer that in most cases you need to at least meet someone face to face before you could ever love them, I mean people lie about themselves online all the time, in person there is no hiding you see them for what they really are.

• Sure you can, why not? People always say love is about personality and you can get that to know without meeting someone in real life.

• i was in love for a week with Ramona Flowers, she is fictional
    im not actually crazy
    dont think you actually know this guy just from videos and such,
    you are in love with an idea, but totally try going out with him, he just may barely live up to it, and you'll be happy and sutff

What Girls Said 2

• No you can't, you can have a crush on him because you have seen and heard him. But that's about all.

• i think i am too. i've met him before but i've never spoken more than a sentence to him. i've felt this for a long time now and i'm not sure what's wrong with me.