Girls, guy in mid 20's no career yet. Would you date him or not?

Alright so im in my mid 20's life hasn't gone as planned. Unfortunately i made 2 wrong choices in life that got me up to this point ( no drugs or alcohol) i went to school twice but those careers didn't work out. 1 i didn't like the second one just had no luck finding a job. So im in the process of getting my last one that will work out for good. But still 2 years away from the finish line.

My question is. Would you date me if you thought i was a great guy, funny and a bit romantic with not too much money yet. But of course once i finish school and get a job i will have enough money to support a family. basically i would be financially stable. Or no way you would never date a guy like me who has no career cause of the wrong choices i have made and should have a career and be financially stable by now?

• yes, i would date a guy like you.
    69% (20)
  • No, i wouldn't date a guy like you
    31% (9)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer a guy who has motivation and doesn't keep dropping out and changing his mind with school. To me that is something that is a big deal breaker for someone in college, since I myself am in college and don't agree with failure or wasting my time. I have guy friends who work in factories because they don't know what to do with their lives, and they make great money. College to me doesn't matter as much as ambition. Ambition means more to me in the long run than anything. And to me your college issues kind of show no ambition or that you have an idea of what you want. I mean you may be a great guy, but I myself am a picky lady who has requirements, since when I date, its for a long-term relationship only.

• Oh wow thats interesting, my ex girlfriend of 5 years broke up with me because she was brought up that way. Meaning there should not be time wasted or failure. I unfortunately made some wrong decisions when i was youg and in love and i did it for her. In fact, i chose to not go for the career i wanted to cause that meant leaving the country and i decided to do something else that i barely liked and thats where i went wrong. Of course 5 years down the line she had all her stuff together and i didn't so we broke up and i regret makin that wrong decision but i was young and in love with her. thanks for the comment though!

What Girls Said 11

• yes. sometimes things just don't go to plan and that is often not the fault of the person. (i. e. you wouldn't necessarily have anticipated the consequences of the decisions you made). as long as you are rectifying that and are on the right track then yes i would date you, assuming you are a great guy (funny and intelligent). i don't think money is that important when dating someone, because i believe it's about who you'r with not what you're doing.

• Oh i wish all women felt the same way you feel about money. Unfortunately not all women are like that and most women look for a guy who is settled once they finish their career. But you're right its not the person's fault. But this time it was my fault because i chose to change my career path cause finishing what i liked meant leaving the country and i didn't want to leave my ex girlfriend here because i was young and in love and thought she was the one. So i changed my life for her thinking it was going to be ok but turns out it wasn't ok and 5 years later she broke up wit me because I haven't settled down yet. And i dont have a career even though I'm in the process of getting the one that is going to work out. Ih well. I appreciate your comment. Thanks!

• the thing is, i'm still young, so i'm quite far off from settling down. if i dated an older guy he would have to understand that. it's not like i've got a career or anything either, so i can't really demand that.

having said that, if i was in my late 20s, i would probably not date an unemployed guy because i would be thinking more about long-term prospects. but that is a long way off!:-)

• Oh your young and they say the purest love is the one you feel when you're a teenager because you dont care about anything money/job nothing. Just how you get treated and stuff. Once you finish university the guys you atart to look for are the ones that have a career and is gonna support you in case you end up gettin married. Enjoy your years!!

• As long as he was doing something I wouldn't care and by that I mean anything from going to college to working at McDonald because I just don't care at all about someones job or career choice. As long as they do something to pay their bills, it doesn't matter what to me and it's honestly not any of my business because it's their money, not mine.

• If you have a place, a car, and a job, I'm good with it.

• I dont have all that cause im in school. I do have a 1 out of those 3 tho. So i guess thats a no from you right?

• Huh. That's weird. I had all of those while in school. It's a maybe.

• because I am not ready for marriage yet. I date you, but not considering marry you.

• treat me right and we will be fine

• I'm not really into mid twenties guys, I prefer late twenties or early thirties, but that's just me. You sound fine and like you are working on yourself and trying to better yourself.

• Sounds like you didn't make any dumb decisions, sometimes life doesn't go as planned... If you're happy with what you'll be doing once you get out of school, and will financially stable, I don't see why someone wouldn't date you, you sound like a nice guy.

• Yeah totally not all young people have time for jobs

• I would definitely date you.

• Probably not if you're still living at home too.

• I'm in the same position tbh
    Even though you don't have a career you're in the process of getting your shit together which is good. Goals are good