What's the point of online dating for men such as OkCupid and other dating sites?

I thought online dating was a way to make it easier to date for shy people or people who didn't have luck or a chance to meet people. As a guy, I was hoping to get messaged, but zero. My messages are always ignored. They are sincere and straightforward. Yet they always get ignored. I hear women in the other hand get 18 message or more per day. What makes it likely that my message will be read? Probably zero chance or nothing. It seems impossible to date online. I hate being a man because love is impossible to find.

These sites should be shut down. They only bring false hope and crush men's hearts and hope of d=finding love. Women also get harass. Online dating sites are worthless and a machinery of the devil.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dating sites are not for people who are sensitive. You have to have thick skin cause people will judge you more harshly because well, they can. There's no pressure and you are essentially allowed to be picky because it's about your needs and what you are looking for. I think guys just find it easier to lower than standards and get desperate so they message any girl. I don't think it's wise. I've tried dating sites too and it has never really worked for me either. Rather focus on meeting people in real life.. it's actually a lot easier.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• there is little point to them for a lot of men, which is why i don't use them... but it doesn't mean they should be shut down lol. People should know what they are getting themselves into.

• They must work sometimes for someone. Of course some people win in Vegas too.

• Online dating is just for women to stroke their egos. Women apparentlly need this constantly, judging by the way most act. I feel your frustration. It's a new world we live in where women treat dating as a game and think they can fulfill their ridicules fantasy of finding the perfect guy. But most will end up unhappy because they never learn to work a less than perfect relationship into something great. By the time they realize Prince Charming is not who or how they imagined, it's too late.

• The girls on those sights are mostly girls who can't meet their "standards" with local guys. You will find the most princesses with overinflated egos on those sights. Just rear what thier looking for.

• They only non-paid for sex I've had resulted from OKCupid, so while it's not great it's certainly not completely useless.