Would you ask a girls dads permission to date her?

Most Helpful Girl

• i dont think men need permission to date. anything further [engagement, marriage], yes.

What Girls Said 6

• Maybe if she's 14.

But seriously, I would be really put off if a guy asked my dad for permission to date me. My father doesn't get to dictate my personal life. Also, if you felt you needed parental permission, why ask her dad and not her mom?

• I think thats too old fashioned.
    Especially if you don't know her dad. It would just be awkward for the both of you.

• I think that's a silly idea, she doesn't belong to her father. My boyfriend asked my brother if he could date me but that's because they were friends and he didn't want to piss his friend off.

• Oh, if I have a boyfriend, it will be a must. My parents already specify that I have to bring my boyfriend home so they can meet him and approve of him.

• If you know him well and he's that type of parent where you have to have permission in order to date his daughter

• no cause if i cheat on her he would know where i live

What Guys Said 11

• Yes I would. But as a formality. I would make reasonably sure in my mind that she would say yes first. Then, I would make sure to phrase the question in such a way that it wasn't really an open ended question. Something like: "I intend to propose to (insert name here) shortly, may I have your blessing?"

• Not if she's over 18 (and it's been a long, long time since I dated a girl who was 17 or younger.)

• I don't ask permission to be with women though I do like having their approval lol, I don't need their permission though unless I am asking their daughters hand in marriage then I do ask for it.

• No but it would be common courtesy to ask her to eventually introduce you to her parents maybe.

• I don't think people did that even 100 years ago...

• no. only to marry her

• it depends, for me really.

• For date? Nope

• I guess. :|

• Nope. That just seems a bit disrespectful of her freedom of choice.

• Lol no, we aren't in 20th century