Do I have a chance of dating this girl or did I mess up?

I am currently in summer school at my university. On the first day which was Tuesday, I noticed a cute girl so I sat right next to her. We got to talking and I made her laugh a couple of times. We then went to the lab together after class and continued talking and it all seemed great. In the lab she didn't stay long because she couldn't login and decided to leave. Before she left she said "It was really nice meeting you", and I said "It was really nice meeting you too" but then she left and I didn't ask for her number. Yesterday was the second class (this class is every Tuesday and Thursday), I was hoping to get her number than. She came to class late looked at me and smilled but decided to sit two rows behind me with the girl she sat next to on Tuesday instead of right next to me. The professor gave us a 10 minute break since this is a 3 hour course, I went to the washroom and when I came back I was hoping to talk to her but she was texting so I didn't want to disturb her. She ended up leaving class early so I didn't have a chance to talk to her on the way to the lab or in the lab. I talked to the girl she sat next to and she said she had no idea why she left.

Do I still have a chance if I ask for her number on Tuesday?
Should I have approached her when she was texting during the break?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes you should of approached her when she was texting, most of the time girls pretend to be doing stuff on their phone so they don't look weird just standing around. Fortunatley tho you didn't miss your chance, first thing on Tuesday, talk to her and ask her to go somewhere after class if she says yes then great and if no then ask for her number. If she comes late again then make it a point that you speak with her during your break, don't go anywhwhere just get up and talk to her :) GOOD LUCK

• I should mention that this is an evening class 5:30 pm -8:20 pm and then the lab is 8:30-10pm.
      So would it be appropriate if I asked her out for tea (she doesn't like coffee just like me) so that we go to the Starbucks at our university on Friday since I don't know where she lives and don't want to make travel an issue.

• ohh in that case then ask her during your break if she would like to grab a tea at starbucks after class or the Thursday before class, and if she says yes then just casually say ok great whats your number, and if she says she can't then don't sweat it, sounds like she has a few personal things anyway, so just say the same thing ok thats fine ohh yah whats your number
      GOOD LUCK, it sounds like she's into you anyway so don't sweat it

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes you're good just take your time and play it cool. You did what you were supposed to do. Do let her see you chase her too much though. Bump into her from time to time but make sure you give her space. You'll be just fine

What Girls Said 4

• I think you still have a chance.

• Yes, you should have just approached. Nothing happened as yet. You just didn't ask.

• Lol this question is very old.
      I later got the girl's number but found out she has a boyfriend.
      Turned out we were incompatible in the first place because she works way too much and wouldn't have had much time to be with me.

• Oh didn't know it was old. That's too bad. Something similar happened to me too. I understand.

• Just ask her you don't really have anything to lose do you?

• you have a chance!

• Should I have approached her when she was texting during the break?

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, you should have approached her and no, it is not too late.

• no no... better approach her, once u have clear signs dat she likes u ;)

• Yeah cause if u don't she won't ask u and u will regret not asking her