Is it that bad to have some trust issues with the opposite gender?

Let's say that person still has some hope for the opposite gender but just doesn't trust easily and creates his/her own shield for a while until it's ok is this that bad?

Though, I know not all men are the same, many times I have used the words some and most when referring about something about them. Technically I'm not generalizing because I didn't say all but still, I'm taking my distance if I were on a date and getting to know him better.

An example of when I imply most
For instance, I believe most men (not all thought) would sleep around if given the chance to (I'm a low count woman by the way) and then keep promoting the sexual double standard of only wanting type like me. While few are the rare breeds that would decline and only want a relationship... and apply that same standard towards himself.

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem with that attitude is: The lady I am dating now has that attitude. We have been dating for two months and I am thinking I need to find a new girlfriend because she just isn't into me. If she doesn't like me, that's okay; I'm not going to kill myself. I'll just go find another girlfriend. If I knew this girl really care about me, I'd give her a chance but. . . how am I supposed to know when she's going out of her way to conceal all of this?

• Yeah, it might take a while for her to start opening up to you. I have trust issues because some things my father did in the past and not so long ago that ruins it all.

• and then afterwards a failed relationship... I didn't get cheated on nor abuse but it still failed

What Guys Said 4

• It's not bad to be wary of future partners because you fear being hurt, but it is bad if you're treating every new guy like your last. It's not fair to him that no matter how hard he tries, you compare him to someone who hurt you.

• Well I haven't been cheated on nor abused by a boyfriend. I only had a single relationship but it didn't work out either way. And well my father hit my mother in the past whenever they use to argue (it only took words for him to hit her). I can't get over that image of an angry man that physically overpowers us and she is left helpless.

• not bad... seems like u've been hurt by many guys :)

• Nope, it only takes one guy to hurt you by failing you at something; my father... aka the very first man a girl looks up to.

• When is it good to have any issues?

• Trying to fix them thought. I still have some hope, which is why if I were asking a question about guys, I don't ask why guy... but rather why some/most guys... However, I think those special guys are in the minority to be honest. I guess that's my little hope I'll always have left.

• I'm like that too. It's okay to be cautious, especially if you were already hurt in the past.

• My father hurt me by being abusive to my mother in the past (that's still abuse to me even if was not to me) and some other flaws I don't like in him.

• i'm sorry to hear that but all of these negative preconceptions will just bring more negativity. i can understand if you feel like your well being is at risk, then it's good to be cautious but these beliefs you've thought up will get you nowhere

What Girls Said 1

• i think it's better to defend yourself.

• that's what I'm doing upon creating my own shield and taking my distance... that's also defending yourself.

• i'm agreeing with what you're doing- that's what i meant to communicate.