Do long distance relationships ever work?

I'm going to colege and my girlfriend will be a senior in high school.

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• Long distance relationships can work if the distance isn't permanent.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, I've seen them work several times, but it takes the right people to make them work. Both persons need to work for the relationship equally as much and prioritize it. Just talk it through with your girlfriend before and make sure you set times to Skype, call each other etc. at a time during the day when you're both free. And don't forget to stay positive in the relationship. Good luck :)

• They can work if there is a lot of communication and by that I mean that you talk about problems and issues etc. Also make sure that you are both in it together just gotta make sure there's trust there too. Good luck

• if distance is only temporary, but to get in a relationship with starting as long distance I want nothing to do with it.

• I believe they do :)

• With great efforts on both side, it may have a chance of working

• Complete waste of time.

What Guys Said 5

• Here's the thing, a long distance relationship that does not start as such can be amazing, but I think that there has to be a lot more effort, TGAT said seeing eachother will be much more rewarding this way...

• But with A LOT of work and trust

• with daily communation... there's a chance :)

• Only if both parties want it and are willing to put in the effort.

• Been in one. We couldn't find a way to be together soon. She freaked out and said we I should come and marry her. I said no wasn't ready. We broke up after 2 months.