Guys, what are the most important qualities you look for in a woman that would make you want to commit to her?

I've been dating a guy 6 weeks and although we have said we like each other we are still only seeing each other 1-2 times per week. Is this normal? What type of qualities to guys look for in girls that separate them from the rest?

18

Most Helpful Guy

• I answered about the same question before looking at this one so here was my answer:

Hm... Hmmmmm...
    I'd like a girl who's mysterious at the start... it's like in class. You see all the girls talking to eachother, laughing, talking gossip about whatever/whoever
    And then I see one girl somewhere in the background being alone leaving things to herself... it's those girls that stand out for me at first glance...

Now about personality... She has a good personality... she can be playful, but she can also be serious, she's not a pessimistic person (I have had enough of the drama)
    A girl that's independant and knows what she wants, is confident, a girl that can handle a joke and wouldn't let herself get run over by me
    a girl I can talk to about whatever stuff without feeling uncomfortable
    A girl who feels so relaxed with me that she can be herself with me and shows me a side of herself not everyone gets to see often.
    a girl that trusts me and is honest to me, but that's relationship basics

What Guys Said 17

• Guys typically look for:

1. Direct Honesty, no subtle hints or mind games. If you want him to give you something TELL HIM what you want.

2. Caring and loving. Life sucks, and when it does it helps to have someone who loves and supports you.

3. Likes spending time with him, not his money. No gold diggers!

4. Is open to compromise in relationships. There is a huge difference between being a doormat, and compromising with your partner! Many women out there see relationships as a "power struggle" and any form of compromise on their part is somehow a sign of "weakness." That is completely untrue!

5. The truth is most guys want a woman with a kinky side! We love a girl who is wild in the bedroom and a nice girl everywhere else!

• The first one is the damn key which I can't never crack, girls always drop some hints which I don't even has a clue about O_o, no wonder I'm still single. I had a one situation where does my mates told after she walked away that she was dropping some hints for me and I was like WTF O_o.

• 1 - 2 is enough in early stages of relationship. I know it is cliched but what I look for is a connection and chemistry with a girlfriend.

• For me, I need someone whose company I enjoy, and who I can comfortably be myself around. It's a bonus if I find her physically attractive, but the first two are deal-breakers.

I think it's fine to take it slow. Instead of asking us what's normal, ask him how he feels about it. Maybe he's wondering the same thing. Effective communication is invaluable.

• I demand honesty

• An honest caring personality

• 1. Attractiveness
    2. Intelligence
    3. Being sweet and kind
    4. Funny
    5. Loyal
    6. Trustworthy
    7. Honest
    8. Open
    9. Affectionate
    10. Loving and caring

• Intelligent
    Funny
    Calm/rational
    Sweet
    doesn't drink/party excessively
    Hasn't slept around

• Loyalty, respect, and friendliness

• Compatibility, both intellectual and sexual, kindness, caring, intelligence, morality, etc.

• I always look for compatible personalities first, then I look to see if she has a drive in life (e. g. she has a passion for the arts, academia, etc.). After that, I'm pretty much sold if I find her attractive.

• Whatever he personally likes, really depends on him. I dunno, why don't you ask him

• 1. Hot athletic body
    2. Personal growth and introspection
    3. Respectful
    4. Committed to wellness
    5. Non-judgemental
    6. Not indoctrinated by social values

• for me she has to be a christian with spiritual life, that frequently communes and participates the holy sacraments and is kindhearted.

• Loyalty and emotional honesty. Never again will I try and guess a woman's mind be straight with me and I'll be straight with you.

• Once or twice a week is normal for me, at least in the early stages. The main thing I look for is whether her personality is compatible with mine. Does she nag me to death or let me be my own person? Is she always happy to see me, or is setting up a date harder than pulling teeth? Is she someone who lifts me up or someone who drags me down?

• Hotness, great sense of humor, capable, cooks.

• It's totally different from guy to guy. Me personally I like smart girls who are home bodies. My friend likes out going girls.