Girls, Would you forgive me if this were you?

Let me explain.
I have a lot of social anxiety issues and I've been paranoid about this for a long time now.
4 months ago my cousin died and I felt sad. I felt that way because I'm I missed her. I still do really. My relationship was a long distance one.
Me and my girlfriend were doing amazingly I thought, but because I'm so quiet and paranoid I distance myself and tend not to speak much.
I'm surprised she felt with me for so long honestly. She was upset I didn't text or talk with her enough, which was true, I'm an idiot who never knows what to say. She said if that continued we would have to break up. I had never expected such a thing from her, I grew blind to my incompetence though i was trying to improve my communication skills. I got really sad and turned into a jerk. I though she was abandoning me. My thought prosses was "if I can't make you happy, if I can't satisfy you, then you deserve better than me" so I broke up with her. I was a jerk. She was giving me a chance. If I tried hard to get her forgiveness, to be her boyfriend again. Would she? If you were her, would you?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I would, and I just want to add to the other responses. Long distance relationships are seriously hard. And with a lack of communication... I've felt that I wasn't cared about and it really hurts. Try to at least text her every day. It'll make her feel special and cared for.

What Girls Said 7

• I agree with all the other responses -I think I would. LDR's are hard -the one I'm in started out that way and we're both pretty shy and hesitant about initiating conversation. I'll tell you what I told my boyfriend, when he said he was afraid of bothering me or being a nuisance "You wouldn't be -and even if you were, worst case scenario, I can't talk right then, but I see or hear the message later and smile and do a little happy dance and answer late." People need to feel that we're cared about. Her saying "I need more communication or I'm ending it" reads, to me, like she was saying "I like you, and I really don't want to break up, but I feel like I'm the only one putting in effort, and I can't do that".

• I think I would.. Long distance relationships shouldn't be underestimated. Communication is the key! If you are shy then I'd have you work on your axiety problem together, and get you as comfortable as you can be.
    I'd be your girlfriend, we should be close, it's no shame to tell that you're shy, I find it adorable even.
    You should tell her how you really feel, and she'll understand
    You shouldn't think too much about what to say, a good morning and good night would be a good reminder for me that you care.

• If you poured your heart out like you just did, then yes. I would give you another chance. I would also hope u would work on yourself or speak to a therapist about learning coping skills to help when you do get the anxiety and to help you learn how to communicate better. Take care!

• You would have to put in more effort, for sure. Long distance relationships can be difficult with no communication; it's vital that you communicate more frequently. Not like every hour of the day, but try to make time at night and relax together on the phone or something. If you can't do it every night, then try every other night.

I would give another chance. I know LDR's are difficult, I have tried and while I was fine with it, they couldn't handle it in the end. Good luck to you! :)

• I would, just talk to her, explain everything, tell her why you've been so distant and show her that you really want her back and improve your communication

• If i were her, and you told me everything you have stated in your question, then i would want to try again with you. Being honest and open with her, by telling her your reasoning behind breaking up will definitely go in your favour. Tell her everything you have just stated in your question, and chances are she will say Yes. Good Luck!

• Yes i would