Dating advice before I lose him?

I think I'm about to ruin what we have and I really don't want that to happen. I've been dating a great guy for a month now, his friend told me that I'm lucky to have him. He likes me a lot, I'm special to him she said which is unusual. The past weeks he's been wanting to see me a lot, taken me out to places I've never been to, paid dinner, bought me a gift, supported me and let me spend time with his friends. I was cheated on a couple of times in my previous relationship and it was starting to get abusive so I am a little messed up still, I got some bagage. I don't trust the new guy and I don't know how to cope with someone treating me so good when I've been treated like crap. I have been cold towards him and I think his noticing that, I don't want to but I'm scared. I haven't heard from him in three days (why?), last time he hugged me goodbye but I didn't hug him back and he kept asking why I look so sad and if he had done anything bad towards me but I was just tired and sad. I've been thinking a lot lately and I want to make it up to him and be the girl he deserves. (I know I can I'm just a little messed after my previous relationship) What should I do before I lose him? I will regret it if I don't do anything soon.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the same way, though, I just don't like being pampered like that, it's really uncomfortable for me. Just explain to him why you are the way you are. Communication will always build a strong bond and I'm sure he will understand and be patient with you. I'm one of those girls with daddy issues, not everyone can handle girls with a rough past, but there are guy out there that are very patient and understanding and will be there for you no matter what, but to find them you have to understand yourself, which it sounds like you do, so enlighten him.

What Guys Said 2

• It sounds like you are used to being ill-treated and it's confusing when you meet someone nice. I was there. I had some really nice girls interested in me in my 20's but I didn't feel worthy so instead I picked the one who wasn't nice at all because that was more comfortable.

If you want to have a happy relationship, you are going to have to learn to trust people. Not every guy is a con artist, playing nice so he can have you then cheat on you. It may help if you wait to develop some trust before having sex with a guy. Eventually you will know nice when you meet it.

• You could start by acting like you're happy to see him...

What Girls Said 1

• Be honest with him!
    Call him and ask him out. Organise something cute and have a chat to him then