Girls, have you ever dated outside of your race?

Did your parents ever make you feel bad about it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I never really did, mainly because I've only been with 2 guys in my life. Im dutch. The one guy was 3/4 antillian (dunno whats that in english) but he looked "white" and was raised quite dutch so doesn't count. The other guy, my current boyfriend, is very dutch. I've sort of dated 2 other guys, one had some german roots, the other looked Spanish.
    I dont really have a preference for a specific race, I just date whoever I like as a person and since most of the people around me are white, I'll mostly date white guys. I do care about religion, if his morals differ greatly from mine, it would be a problem. I've stopped liking a guy when I found out he hated gays.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 19

• I have not. I come from a very Dutch area. Nearly every guy is tall, blond, and blue eyed. And obviously Caucasian.

If I were single I would not be opposed to dating outside my race. My family wouldn't care. They'd give the guy just as much crap as they give my current boyfriend lol

1|1
    0|0
  • Just a couple of dates. They didn't know. My mother wouldn't be too happy but she would get used to it. She's a sweet person.

0|2
    0|0
  • I went on dates with one.
    I don't see the need to please my family and friends with my choice.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I did once, and most of the guys I like are from another race anyway. My family never against it. They even help me find a good guy who is my type. Haha

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm biracial so I have no choice lol... but yes I'd like to date a guy who comes from a different race then mines. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • yes, and my parents weren't upset at all

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, and they weren't aware of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • not yet. I'm open to it tho.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. But I've openly expressed my interest in guys of another race in front of them. They don't care about stuff like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have only dated people outside of my race

0|1
    0|0
  • I have, few years ago. I don't normally share my personal with my parents so they don't know about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course. Race, honestly, has nothing to do with if we like a guy or not.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've only dated one person in my race and I've dated three people.
    My parents don't really care

1|0
    0|0
  • noooo. never dated, never will.. my parents would kill me..

0|0
    1|1
    • Fuck ur parents lol

• fuck u... how dare u write that? bastard...

• Keep listening to ur close minded parents and your gonna turn out exactly like them

• yeah. the guy in general ended up being a loser.. no not because of his race. just in general was a creep. my parents never said anything about it. they never cared about who i date lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I haven't.

0|0
    0|0
  • From my definition, no; from my parents', yes. For now, my folks are being somewhat laid-back about that (my mom tends to be very bigoted), but I've got the feeling that if we ever end up talking marriage, my family's gonna flip.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the only thing I've ever done :/ My people are not interested in me 😢

1|0
    0|0
  • I've dated one guy outside of my race once. My parents didn't know. He was white, I'm black. It was a new experience for my mom but she got over it. She wasn't mad or anything just suprised. I don't discriminate against people. I've dated white people, Hispanics, black people, and an Asian guy.

1|1
    0|0