Guys, what would you do if a girl who seemed really keen suddenly dropped off the radar?

If you were talking to a girl for a while and she was obviously keen, almost clingy she seemed so keen
and then suddenly stopped messaging all the time or replying with no warning

this happened to a friend, he only wanted sex from her, he liked her but didn't want anything serious for certain reasons. For some reason he's more keen now and thinks about her differently

What would you guys think/how would you react?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to panic and try really hard to get her to come back if I really liked her. If I liked her as a person and friend but not really romantically or sexually I would wonder where she went but I wouldn't really care that much so I wouldn't do anything different. But these days even if I really really liked her I just stop caring. If she stops communicating I stop. If that means I never see her again then I never see her again. When my friends are true friends they don't just randomly drop off and stop communicating like normal so if any girl who was interested in being anything special to me didn't at minimum act like a true friend she's probably not worth fighting for. I'd ask and make sure everything's all right but if I can't figure it out and she won't just tell me what's up I just move on with my life.

• That's fair enough- people who play games with you aren't worth your time
      I think she got sick of it because he was intentionally letting her chase him

What Guys Said 6

• Well, I've never disregarded a woman's higher qualities and used her for sex, so it stands to reason my behavioral patters will differ from this guy.

I'd definitely interpret it as some sort of unspoken message. Usually, I'd just assume she's no longer open to my advances and respectfully leave her alone. If it was a long-established relationship I may push for clarification just in case there is an unresolved issue I'm not aware of. If I got the impression she was childish enough to try and use a tactic like this to manipulate me under her emotional control though, I think I'd immediately take that as a sign that she isn't ready for a healthy relationship, even if she was interested in me.

• When that happens I think it's time to talk to a new girl. 1) She either found something about me that she doesn't accept and I'm not changing, so there is no reason to waste any more energy on her or 2) she's playing games and I don't accept people that try to play me.

• Even if you'd known her for several months and she's not the game playing type?

• Yes... If she's interested, almost to the point of being clingy then it needs to progress. If you back out don't expect me to wait for you...

• Well maybe he wants more but prob more sex she should see him and not hook up and see whats really good!

• I'd be a bit surprised and send a few messages, knowing she can see them.
    If she doesn't respond, well... if she doesn't care about me anymore, why would I bother? *Moves... On*

• I'd be confused and disappointed and take it as a sign that she didn't want to talk to me any more.

• Normal since people want what they can't have