Is it normal to NOT talk about how many ex'es and sex partners you have had?

Is it normal to NOT have talked about it? From my past experience, people bring it up at least once, just to know..

Most Helpful Girl

• Its totally normal.

Peoples sexual past always interests me.
    It tells me a lot about how open minded they are sexually.
    Also, knowing how many exes they have gives me an idea of their experience level with the opposite sex.

• you're confusing me a little. :D

You think its normal for people not to have talked about it, but are also saying that you do like to have talked about it?

• I'm a very open book.
      I usually talk about it right away (within the first week).
      Whenever you feel comfortable with that right person, and you feel there are no boundaries up, you should talk about it.
      For everyone that time-frame is different.

• Thanks for mho :)

What Guys Said 5

• I think many people are afraid of being compared with others in the arena of sexual performance and it's easier to not know how many former partners they will be judged against. It's easier to think "I'm probably only her third or fourth partner" than it is to know that I'm going to be number 37.

BUT. . . not everyone feels that way.

• Hehe. Okay. =) How about exes? That would maybe lower the number, depending on who you are..

• When I was very young, I didn't want to know any numbers; it was a result of my insecurities. Now, I want to know because he gives me some clue as to how experienced and how inhibited/uninhibited my prospective partner is.

• It's normal. I think we all give each other the courtesy of pretending we haven't dated anyone else when you first start seeing each other.

• Well, most people are reluctant. I think that it is reasonable to know. Most people, however will lie and that in itself causes trouble later in the relationship

• Yeah who cares u with me now

• i have nothing to talk about. and im proud about it.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, most chicks don't talk about that stuff. Whenever I bring it up, I get gawk-eyed for a while lmao like it's some taboo subject

• No, you don't have to if you don't want to.

• I think it's more or less common, yes