Should I be a rebound?

I go to college with this guy I knew in high school. We know each other kind of well and have always been friendly but never great friends. Until about 2 weeks ago he was dating someone but she dumped him. He has begun to flirt with me and I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm obviously a rebound but I'm not sure I care. We're both Christian and don't believe in sex before marriage so it wouldn't really be that kind of rebound. Probably just flirting and going on dates and stuff. Do I want that or is it pointless?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, why not? Just don't take it too seriously

What Guys Said 2

• oh well... wot if u start likin him, and he breaks up wid u?

wouldn't u feel hurt?

• We wouldn't be dating really. And I'm a tough woman. I can handle hurt. I'm willing to risk it. It's just a little fling.

• I don't think you can picture marrying the guy and you won't be having sex with him, it seems a bit pointless but you don't have much to lose.

• I'm not looking for anything serious right now. Don't want to get married anytime soon. I think it might be a god thing.

• Oops. Good*

• yeah, it sounds more like companionship but as long as you both feel the same I think it's all good!

What Girls Said 4

• I'm not sure why you would want to be a rebound. That would just mean he's using you but still has feelings for his ex. I can't imagine that a relationship like that would be satisfying for you. Wouldn't you rather be with someone who could commit to you fully with his whole heart? Just a thought.

• I'm not looking for a serious thing right now. I plan to finish college and have a career before even thinking about getting married. So I sort of think this might be perfect.

• Well okay, as long as you're okay with it then I don't think it's a problem. I just think you both need to be on the same page regarding what you want out of this relationship and where you see it going.

• In my case I wouldn't like to be a rebound! But if you have no feelings for him and you know he's judt using you to make his ex jealous or to get over her then I see no harm! Be careful not to develop feelings

• thats pointless

• its pointless..