I see my boyfriend once a week, sometimes less and he's fine with it?

I'm his first girlfriend, he's shy/introverted but he's not like a complete loner. He works full time at a construction company, and I work nights on weekends. He asked me out almost 3 months ago, and at first I was ok with seeing him once a week bc of our schooling, jobs, etc. But it's summer now, and I barely see him. He's often tired from work, and he is a horrible texter. I've brought it up that i'd like to see him/hear from him more, but nothing has changed. He apologized a few times and just said he's "bad at it" and says that he's happy with how everything is. He's introduced me as his girlfriend to some of his friends, and I recently went to his house for the first time (and slept over) and met his older sister who knew about me before i came (didnt meet his parents yet as they were out of town).

It's confusing bc we're going through the little milestones in a relationship, but at such a slow pace, and i never see/hear from him unless i initiate. We aren't sexually active, and he hasn't tried to go any further when we makeout so i know he isn't trying to use me. I dont know what else to do... should i just try to ask him out hang out more since waiting around for him to do so isn't going so well? When we hang out in person everything is fine, and he's even suggested doing things like seeing a new movie or other activites.. but he never follows through.

Most Helpful Guy

• hmmm do u text at least more frequently? do u always initiate?

What Guys Said 2

• You say he is an introvert.
    Introverts prefer to have a lot of alone time. Maybe you need an extrovert instead.

• The question is, are you fine with it? Both my girl and I are both introverted, so it works out for us.

• I think I'm trying to work my way towards it. We've known each other for almost a year, but we're both shy and weren't really good friends before he asked me out... but i feel like as im getting to know him more perhaps ill accept it. Just right now im like on edge since im the type of person that likes to spend time with people on the daily.

What Girls Said 1

• That's not cool of him.