How can I make this work?

I started dating this guys a few weeks ago and everything it's going well or so i think. He has a baby and he lives with him, he is a really reponsible guy and i guess i can say he is a keeper and i would like to make it work i'm just afraid that i do something wrong as this is my first time dating someone with a kid and in all honesty i'm not the greates with kids. I'm trying my best and i do actually like them both him and the baby has won my heart but at times i just feel like the baby doesn't really likes me or accepts me, i mean know he is just a baby but pretty much without the babies "approval" i'm afraid this won't get very far. What can i do to be able to be great with kids... Please i take any suggestions i really want them both to stay and be part of my life.

Most Helpful Girl

• How old is the baby?

• 11 months

• thank you much, that was really helpful

• Not a problem! Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• oh well... y don't u be str8-forward, and ask if he wants u to b together?

What Girls Said 1

• It takes time for the baby to get used to you!

• so this is just a transition? every time i carry him he just wants to go back to his dad