Is it ok to date someone that is not attractive?

So for some reason I've developed a crush on a random guy. He messaged so we started talking. I had a crush on him a couple days before he texted me. I have a crush on him, but I don't think he is attractive. Is ok to date someone or to crush on them without thinking they are cute? Ladies (and guys), I need you help!! Thank you

Most Helpful Girl

• It's totally okay. There's more to people than just looks. It makes sense to be attracted to someone who isn't physically attractive but once you fall for them, everything about them becomes so beautiful. I remember there was this guy who my friend tried to get me to talk to but I didn't want to because he wasn't cute... But I got to know him and he was one of the most sweetest person's I have ever met. He has given me the best 2 years of my life, we were each other's first loves (I was his first girlfriend) he was just such a great boyfriend to me but it all got to my ego eventually and I started treating him with attitudes and arguing and sometimes made him feel bad and hurt him and decided it wasn't working out anymore and I was soooo depressed. It was his personality and everything about his way and character that made me desperate and beg for another chance. He may not have been good looking to most but I loved every inch of his body and I hate it so much when people would tell me that I was too pretty for him anyways, or I was too beautiful to cry over him, or someone who looks like him didn't deserve me.

What Guys Said 10

• You're totally allowed to do whatever you want. :)

My only question is, how can you crush on a guy that you're not attracted to?

• 0|0
    • Lol you really do steal people's comments haha

• Lol it just so happened someone put the same thing this time haha 😜

• @zorro8888 LOL like I always say "there are only so many ways to answer your generic GAG question" ^_^.

• Whatever Floats your boat

• If you have a crush on him you must think he is somewhat attractive. If your asking about if other people don't think so. Fuck them its not their life. Its totally fine!

• Thats fine as long as you're dragging him along.

• It's ok. You are attracted to his personality I'm assuming?

• It is pretty one because he is not attractive to world but you are attracted to his heart. that is really great😍

• Absolutely fine!

• Yeah it is I don't see why not I wish people was more like you

• You are demisexual (attracted to personalities)

What Girls Said 9

• It's totally fine!

• It means that you're attracted to his personality and that's fine. To a lot of girls that's actually all it takes.

• Yes ofc. If you have a crush on him, you find him appealing:)

• ABSOLUTELY.

• Yeah it completely fine

• It's totally fine, if he treats you right, who cares what he looks like? Go for it. 😊

• I go for personality to me if they look good its just a bonus 😀

• yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssss giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl

• Yeah, that's fine. It just proves you're not as shallow as some people.