He says he's going to change? Advice please?

I've been with my boyfriend over a year. to make story short he left his Facebook opened and I saw messages that he had with many girls. He would start all the conversations from "hey it's been a long time since we talked", to "hey wanna snapchat" or "want to text/kik". This was going on behind my back throughout the whole relationship. I felt really hurt that he was seeking out other girls to talk to, as if I wasn't enough. I broke up with him as soon as I found all that out. It was really painful because I really loved him. All he could say was that there was no excuse for what he did, that he was stupid, and that I deserved better. 3 months later he comes back telling me that being apart from me has made him realize how stupid he was and how much he really loves me. He claims he's never going to do it again, that he learned his lesson. That we have a really "strong connection" and he doesn't want to give up on us. I love him so much but is it possible that he'll change? Could things possibly be different?

Most Helpful Girl

• He's not gonna change...

What Guys Said 1

• yup he regreted his actions... maybe he wants u as a friend now at least?

What Girls Said 3

• Once a cheater always a cheater. My guess is that he ran out of other girls to talk with so now he's coming back around to try and see who he can pick up for round 2.

• Argh this is hard...
    I'd be angry... But if I still loved him, I might give him a second chance, but he has to prove himself, big time
    I'd need a lot of confirmation that I can trust him again, words alone won't convince me

• Yes, things could. possibly be different but do not get. your hopes up.