Girls: If you liked a guy but realized he was lacking confidence would you still want to date him?

Let's say you like a guy and you keep growing closer. As you grow closer you realize (whether by the things he says or whether he tells you straight) he lacks confidence and doesn't really believe in himself would you still want to date him? Or would that be a deal breaker and make you change your mind completely?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• i would still date him, help him work on his confidence...
    definitely not a deal breaker...
    confidence is something that can be fixed for sure!

• It would be a deal breaker. Guys without confidence usually are looking for someone else to fix them or help them build their confidence, but that always strains the relationship to the point of breaking anyway. Relationships are for sharing good moments with others, building confidence and self esteem should be done when you are single, so as not to overstrain a connection you have with someone you really care about.

• If I'd like him, I'd continue but I'd make everything I can to make him have confidence. If he doesn't change even with my support, I wouldn't handle it though.

• No, I wouldn't care.

• yes... but with lack of confidence comes insecurities usually... so there is this thin line... Is you lack confidence we can help you,,, but insecurities will be difficult and can strand the relationship

• I'd still want to date him

What Guys Said 6

• obviously lackin confidence is the #1 reason for break-ups... can't u imagine how shitty it;ll be when u compliment someone and he/she'll always say "i'm not handsome/beautifu;"?

• I can say that it is not the case for all women because I am very shy and most women didn't see phased by it.

• See the thing is you can lack confidence but you just can't make it known. Most people don't want to be around someone who doesn't pretend to be happy all the time or who is honest about how they feel about themselves. You have to put on a show for everyone in order for them to want to be around you, especially women.

• i would think that someone with false confidence would be the worst choice. A guy who thinks he is all that but isn't going anywhere in life. mi have sen successful people who question their abilities.

• Yup. Better than dating an arrogant bastard.

• I have been ditched for that by a few women, don't believe the bullshit.