Paying on dates?

What is your opinion about who should pay?

• The man should pay
  • The woman should pay
  • Whoever asked the other on a date should pay
  • The bill should be split
  • They should take it in turns to pay between dates
  • Other (explain)
Bonus question for guys:::: would you let a girl pay for the whole meal if she wanted to, or would that damage your pride?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is where communication sand common sense comes into play. Common since: bring money in case, make sure have a back up ride, and phone working, communication: ask the guy, where at? What time, when, how much to bring? Are we splitting? That's basically for starters.

What Guys Said 17

• I prefer 50/50 but don't mind paying here and there or alternating. I've had situations where I was offered to have payment or even one girl insisted on paying for me when I wasn't interested in her. So it cab be awkward. I'm sure a girl or two can relate but i also am sure many intentionally take free meals.

• If it's the first date the one asking should be the one paying. If it's not the first then it should be split. Once you're together you can either split it or take turns.

• It doesn't matter there are no rules

• It will sound weird but bear with me I have a logical mind. If dater (1) has twice as much money than dater (2) and the bill comes to 75 - Dater 1 gives 50 and dater 2 gives 25

• it's a bit personal to discuss income on a first date no? especially with a stranger

• ok then what about on a first date? how should the bill be distributed?

• I never dated someone I didn't know - It was always someone I drifted into a relationship with - Say a girl in same job and money so the bill would be automatically split.

• each their own... no split

• The first date always the man down the road dutch treat is good

• Whomever asked... That said, an offer of picking up the tab gives insight into the other persons character. Assuming that the man is paying is a little annoying.

• Option C. Anything else is pretty rude.

• Both people should pay, whether you choose to split or alternate isn't that important but I feel like it's slightly better to split because if you don't make it to the second date then one person paid for the whole date.

• I'll always try to pay, if she REally wants to pay then go for it. I don't keep track. Who cares.

• Ideally E...

• Going dutch is the best. Split the bill.

• In general, you should pay for your own food. But, any girl I go out on a date with is not paying.

• Either D or E so that its fair :)

• I think the bill should be split or take turns. And no my pride wouldn't be damaged if a woman wanted to pay the bill I would let her. If you think that the guy should pay everytime all the time, look at these horror stories abcnews.go.com/.../woman-dates-free-dinner-match-15112192
    www.9news.com.au/.../woman-dated-men-to-get-free-meals

www.huffingtonpost.ca/.../...ating-_n_4173996.html

• me and my fiancee both split the bill on dates thats the fair thing to do

• I'm happy to pay, but if she's not comfortable or I don't like her anyway we'll definitely split it.

What Girls Said 7

• Both should pay. I always try to pay for my dates

• Whoever wants to.
    I prefer paying for my own stuff or paying for both.

• I think the bill should be split.

• first dates the guys. then take turns

• Taking turns to pay is the best option.

• the man should pay.

• I think that the boy should pay, although I don't think it is fair if he pays each and every time. You should at least offer to, or sometimes when he says "no", pay it anyways. But whatever you do, do not be the girl that pays for everything for her boyfriend...