What's the longest you've gone without going out with someone?

And if you've never gone out with anyone, how long have you been waiting to finally go out with someone? Since I've never had a girlfriend before, I've basically gone 15 years without ever finding a girl who was into me. Back when I went through puberty is when I seriously started wanting a girl at age 12. But I still remember the first girl I ever liked though. She came with her friend who was invited to my 7th birthday party over 20 years back. 15 to 20 years is a really long time though and after a while it just seems impossible when no girl shows an interest.

Most Helpful Girl

• 19 years and six months, and counting :/ (I've had two 'relationships' but I'm not counting them because one was when I was 10 and one was when I was 14 and only lasted like a couple of weeks and the guy doesn't count me as an ex girlfriend either). I didn't really feel ready to be with anyone anyway until I was around 17 or 18 though. Around 8 months ago I met a guy who I really fell for and he seemed to feel the same (ie. he told me he did), but after spending ages being really obsessed with him he told me he didn't want to be with me :'(

What Girls Said 10

• 18 years. 😞

• It's been a year.

• I'm 18 and I've never had a boyfriend. I went on one date with a guy last summer who I ultimately didn't like, and just a month or so ago I went out several times with a guy I was talking to but that didn't end well.

Basically, I've never *really* gone out with anyone.

• A casual date? Like 3 months... a relationship I'd say two years. I'm sure you'll meet someone eventually, that sounds cliche I know.. You're probably really sweet, most girls like douche bags.
    But don't turn into a douche bags, just be your sweet self and you'll meet a girl whose sweet too & then you'll be sweet together.

• Who knows. I doubt it though. The older a guy gets, the harder it gets for him to get a date. There are more girls available when the guys are young but as they age, more become unavailable due to long term relationship or marriage.

• Well, when I was young I went without until I was 12. After that, I kept getting back into relationships within the month. Right now is the longest I've actually gone being single and being old enough for a relationship, and its been three months. I'm 25 now

• Well, I haven't been on a date in a couple of weeks now. :/

• It's been awhile... lol. Two to three?

• What tips would you offer the asker? A change in appearance? A change in venue? Change in game?

• You have to keep trying. You can't give up... lol.

• It gets exhausting after a while. The feeling of being rock bottom hits you.

• I went about 5 years between relationships once

• 11 years
    .
    .

• I've never had a boyfriend so you're not the only one

What Guys Said 11

• mnore than a year for sure

• Four years, since my wife's death.

What are you doing to generate interest rather than wait for it?

• Sorry to hear about your wife. I've been approaching, getting around and trying to get to know women with friends but they don't much interest. My friends on the other hand don't have any problems though.

• 22 years and counting

http://i39.tinypic.com/2hzjo86.gif

• 19 long years...

• Probably 7 years or something

• Never gone out with anyone, but I think I'm getting close. I've been wanting a girlfriend since I was about 13, so 6 years so far

• not to sound gay but you don't look like a bad looking guy. don't let that stop you if it is.

• I've never dated so 22 years

• I went 19 years. 19 fucking years.

• 25 years or so... .

• My lifetime of 21 years...