The 'Reappearing Act': What the F?

How many of you have experienced the reappearing act (from a man or a woman)? You date for a bit, weeks or months, things are fantastic, then poof... they disappear. Days or weeks pass by and *ding* you get a text or a voicemail, as if nothing ever happened. As though they didn't just fall off the face of the planet. What do you do in this situation? Ignore them, give them shit, or reciprocate and act like nothing happened and resume business as usual? Personally I despise the reappearing act. If I wasn't good enough for you (sarcasm) before, why am I suddenly good enough? I find the disappearing thing disrespectful and horribly rude, something I couldn't forget about them. It tarnishes whatever good feelings I had about them before.

Most Helpful Guy

• You are absolutely right. I'm with you 100%.

What Guys Said 2

• not at all... never lost contact wid any gal i happen to b wid her 8)

• This has never happened to me. ?

What Girls Said 3

• In this situation I would be straight up and call them on their crap. I hate people dropping me and then reappearing. If im dating you and you drop me then expect to come back into my life I want to know what happened. I do not appreciate not knowing where I stand. Even if they turn around and say they dont want to date anymore thats fine by me because then im not wasting my time waiting around for them. People need to have a back bone and be honest about what they want. Disappearing is disrespectful and hurtful. You dont get to waltz back into someones life like nothing happened without apologising and explaining yourself.

• Absolutely! I would much rather they flat out tell me they're not interested or just aren't ready. I'm not a delicate flower, I'll be just fine. haha It's more frustrating when they disappear. That confusion and insult is worse than just being dumped. I'm with you, calling them on their crap is the way to go.

• Otherwise you just end up feeling worse! I mean yeah it sucks if the guy you like tells you they aren't interested but at least you know! Its really not that hard to treat someone with respect but according to my best guy mate (he has just disappeared on a chick he was dating) its "easier and less drama to just disappear" -.-

• Been there done that and you know what it sucks balls... happens to often

• way too many times.

• I'm thinking this is more of an issue for women than men, apparently. It's infuriating.

• Thats because its usually the guys doing the disappearing!