Could and would you honestly defend your significant other?

I've always wondered just how many people if put in the postion could and would honestly defend their significant other? from say muggers, ex boyfriend, home invasion etc. Would you protect them, could you honestly take a bullet or something else for them? would you even kill to keep them safe if it was a last resort? keep in mind this is a person you have been with for a while.

I know I would honestly defend mine to my last breath even kill if I had to as a very last resort to keep them safe, as that is how I was raised, but could any of you?

• Yes
  • No
  • Show me the answers

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• Absolutely. He's the love of my life and I'd much rather anything bad happen to me instead of him.

• I would certainly do my utmost to defend/protect my husband.. Although somehow I really do think he can more than take care of himself, as he stands 6' 7" weighs around 18st. and is amazingly fit and strong.

• Yes very much. I would jump and take a bullet. Am not quite sure about killing somebody... If it were in the moment, I think that I would do it from impulse, but if I had a mission to kill somebody... Eeee I don't know if I could... I would try to figure somethin else out, and that is just my soft heart speaking there. lol. :)

• Lol no need to go all mission impossible ( no killing missions ) and good deal.

• yes. of course.

• I'd certainly try my best. I'm very protective naturally and I'm sure if you add "love" into the equation then it would be even stronger.

• Would I? I would try.

Could I? Absolutely not.

• I would try.. though, sometimes it's better/wiser to simply walk away.

• Of course that's the smart option but sadly sometimes it's not an option.

• I would certainly do that if there's no option left. I would die and kill for the people I love.

• Nobody really knows until they are forced to act.

• Yes! I would for anyone I truly love or care for. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something bad happened and I ran off instead of defending them.

• I totally can and would.

What Guys Said 14

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif My MIND couldn't do it, but my BODY would/could anyway without me even thinking about it.

I wouldn't wanna do that in my right mind (take a bullet to save __ life) but damn what choice would I have anyway since I'd be right in the middle of the action anyway, right? I'm not naive enough to think that ___ is going to let me live... so fuck it why not aggressively charge him and slit his fucking throat or cluck his ass like a chicken with 1 of these aluminum baseball bats with no hesitation. Since I'd get away with it anyway if the SYSTEM works for a change -_- LOL

• Black romance and gang violence all rolled into one I like it lol.

Mistmance

• Haha!! Mist too bad your state doesn't have a rule where you don't have to wait for them to make entrance all the way into your home. Some states have it you can start protecting yourself as they are trying to make entry into your place no need to drag them inside lol

• @Anon1999 HAHA I was thinking that... but no matter how you want to cut it in an ideal situation I'd steal drag him into the house. So I wouldn't even have to worry about none of that legal bullcrap. "OMG ___ wasn't in your house, so you can't kill them" WTF YOU MEAN... MFs gotta be out of their ass rabid ass minds to think that I'm going to give __the opportunity to come back and kill me on a later date. Hell, he might fuck around and come back at 3am, THEN WHAT? Now I'm dead all because of the stupid ass legal system -_-... couldn't be me. I'm coming at him with the intent to kill *shrugs* LOL

#TLDR IMHO the system is retarded and it needs to be reworked -_- #MakesNoSense

• I would not hesitate to take on a home invader , mugger or what ever that person was. I would take the bullet you mentioned to defend her and if this person had a gun I would not hesitate to do all in my power to take him/ her out of this world

• I would take a bullet for a stranger.
    I mean, it's easy to say that, not so easy to act on it, but I honestly feel very little at the idea of sacrificing myself for someone else.
    (I know, it's easy to say this online, not so easy to walk the walk)
    So yes, I would do whatever I had to in order to defend my family.
    Whether I'd be very capable, well that's another story...
    I'm a big dude, and I also don't feel much at the thought of ripping a dude's eye out to defend my loved ones.
    So, I guess we all just have to hope we're never put into such a situation.

• If I was being robbed by someone with a gun I imagine I would give them what they wanted rather than punching them. I would potentially help anyone in serious distress, but yes I would defend my significant other to a greater extent.

• I'd only ever kill if I absolutely HAD to. I'm not ashamed to admit that I think it'd destroy me, so I'd avoid it all costs.

Nevertheless, to protect a woman that I love, I would absolutely do it. I just pray that I never have to!

• Absolutely without a doubt I would. If I were in a relationship I would give my last breath to protect the woman I love.

• Yes, of course I would. And I have a few guys named Smith & Wesson, Mossberg, and Rock Island Armory to assist me.

• They are good friends to have around in a crisis, always locked and loaded.

• Probably so!

• Yeah I've been in fights before so its whatever

• Yes, but I since I plan to learn martial arts, firearm ownership, and the ability to hunt, and fish I am going to teach it to my Kids, and Wife so yeah you would not want to mess with them. :).

• when you go down for violence it will be worth it at least and your SO is safe

• I would fucking WRECK those mother fuckers!

• i would do anything to keep her from getting hurt even if it meant my life

• I would take a bullet for a complete stranger let alone a significant other.