Guys, how long do you usually wait to text a girl after a first date?

And what's your reasoning behind waiting?
I went on a great date with a guy today. We just had lunch and talked. He was really nice, and down-to-earth, and funny, and smart. Seemed to enjoy himself with me as well. When we parted ways, I said "hug?" and he said "sure", and after we hugged he said he'd text me.
I know, I know, guys say that all the time. But I'm naiive, and am kinda interested in this guy, so I'm hoping he'll actually do it.
But yeah. Wondering how long I should wait before I write him off and move on.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If I like them, I'll send a polite text when I'm home just to say that things seemed to go well, and hopefully it'll not be too long for the second.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• I don't text so I wouldn't know

0|0
    0|0
  • Even if I owned a cellular telephone, I wouldn't send her a text message. That seems like a wimpy way out real communication. If I was still interested, I would call her up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would wait probably two days.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wait too long. Then again, I abhor fucking around and playing games like who-should-text-who so I don't know about your case.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me last time she actually texted me less than an hour after, if you have his number go ahead and start the conversation I'm sure he will appreciate it

0|0
    0|0
  • Reason for waiting
    1. Don't come off as a freaking thirsty horny dog
    2. Don't come off as a desperate guy
    3. Texting other women besides you
    4. Schedule conflicts
    5. Trying to think of something clever or funny to impress girls
    6. A sheeeet tons of other excuse

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe a day or two, definetly not untill the next day though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I texted a girl the same night right after dropping her off at her house. Told her "goodnight chicken butt".

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe one day

0|0
    0|0
  • I always do it before noon the next day :p

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually a day. Why wait? If you like her who cares he should text you back within at least 2 days. I never follow the 2 day rule

0|0
    0|0
  • I would text the next day if i was into you and make sure we keep the chemistry alive

0|0
    0|0
  • 12-24 hours

0|0
    0|0
  • When I'm free again? There's no set time.

0|0
    0|0
  • My girl kept texting me so much my iPhone 5's network disconnected

0|0
    0|0
  • All girls I've dated text me within 30 minutes after the date

0|0
    0|0