When a woman just wants to be friends with me, I just walk away after that?

To be honest if a woman i am interested in just wants to be friends, I get a bit pissed off about it, I don't get angry at her just the situation. in fact i just want to walk away and thats that. I don't have time to put my feelings on the back burner so that she can be happy just being friends while i want more.

I may be a dick for thinking this way, but for too long I have put my feelings on the back burner for just being friends.

I don't know if this is wrong of me but its the way i feel about these kind of situations.

Would like your views on this matter, from both genders. if a girl has been friends with a guy and she wants more and he doesn't and visa versa

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest you should try to ask a girl who you are getting to know if they're are even seeking a relationship and if they say they're not too sure or whatever than move on and don't even bother. Look for someone who is actually seeking and be up front about it from the getgo so that you're not stuck in these situations.

I been there and it sucks putting so much time and afford to find out someone only wants to be friends, so I learned to simply be up front with girls and let them know that I am seeking a relationship and my intentions are to get to know them and see where it goes and I want to make sure they're intentions are the same. Most girls understood this and actually agreed when I would explain that I want to focus my time on one person and actually get to know them and decide if I want to be with them and I don't want all that time wasted because they're unsure about what they want.

But yeah in your situation you're not being a dick I've done the same thing plenty of times because a lot of girls just seem to enjoy the attention and don't actually want to commit and that's when you need to let them go and let them realize you're actually seeking commitment and if they're not than bye because you have enough friends.

What Girls Said 5

• Yeahhh you sound silly and highly over-emotional. No woman is obligated to give you her affections, be intimate with you, or ultimately fulfill the role of a significant other. For you to be dismissive is a bit ridiculous, in my opinion, like you can't handle not getting what you want so you just storm off like a child.

• He's not upset with women not liking him. He's upset with being in that situation, which is perfectly fine. He's not looking for friendships, he is looking for a relationship. He shouldn't be required to be friends with a girl because she doesn't want to date him.

• I think you miss understand my question. think of it this way. when a relationship doesn't work out ten to one its because people want different things. its the same with friends if the guy and girl wants different things it doesn't work out, it can yes if the one puts their feelings on the back burner but then the person is just making it harder on themselves i think. and i don't have a habit of falling for every girl that comes my way, I have qualities i am looking for in a woman and if it matches what i am looking for then yes i am gana want more. but however i understand where you are coming from regarding people who think they are owed attention and what not. that is a bit silly and over emotional. but a the end of the day i know what i am looking for and what i want. thank you for your in put.

• @Asker aaahhhh I see. Thank you for clarifying.
      Well yes, in that case, if you are seeking a relationship and cannot fathom being friends with a female because of an overwhelming desire to be in a relationship, then it's best for you and them that you end things abruptly. Otherwise, you'll be frustrated and she'll be annoyed with the constant pressure of you trying to flirt and advance things at some fast pace.

• I kind if agree with you... no point in waiting around or wasting your time with someone who doesn't want the same things...
    I don't think that makes u an ass at all... just means u kno what u want...

• Well I'm personally perfectly fine with having guy friends. At some point in time, I have had feelings for most of them, but at the end, I enjoy their company more than I desire a relationship.
    And its always nice getting opinions from different people.

• I understand what your saying but I think maybe you should look at it in a different way.. Just because their isn't a mutual romantic attraction the relationship could still develop into an awesome friendship.. Who knows that girl might introduce you to the person you have been waiting your whole life for

• I'd do the same level life is too short to waste. If he was a close friend already, Id just continue

What Guys Said 1

• Completely agree with you. If a woman doesn't want to, she has no obligation to be your significant other but neither do you have a reason to be her friend.