Lines between instinct and paranoia are being blurred, how do you know?

I've always believed in trusting you instinct and I know women have a gut instinct for sure. However after being cheated and played I'm starting to second guess myself and am getting confused between instinct and paranoia and that's not fair to me or the person I date. How do you differentiate or clear your mind to know the difference?

Intuition has always done me right... Never once failed yet. But now in a new situation and I think I've been left paranoid and may have messed up something.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi, As one of the rarer guys who have very strong intuition maybe I can help. I've always had this gift, but I didn't really recognize it, its power, accuracy, or infallibility until recent years. Even now, sometimes, on rare occasions, I might dismiss it, but I ALWAYS regret it afterwards, when yet again it is proven correct, and I didn't listen. And it IS subtle sometimes. So you have to train yourself to recognize it. But the main thing to remember is that it will not operate like paranoia. Paranoia has a totally different feel/vibration, which needs to be released from your sensing process. The two FEEL different. All you can do is to either try to remember how it feels versus paranoia, or better yet, stop living in human paranoia, which will of course will not serve you, just like any negative or fear based emotion/reaction. And try not to look at your guidance as you "gut" or "instinct". Think of it as more of a subtle, still, small voice, an intelligence that is a part of you, yet not in your head or even centered in your body. Because in reality that's exactly what it is. Hopefully I've been of help. It's hard to try to express these things in words. :)

What Guys Said 1

• Well, when you doubt and your guess is right, it's your instinct, but if you let your instincts take control of yourself and your brain looses control over you then I thing that is paranoia

What Girls Said 2

• I think paranoia comes when we feel insecure about something, so insecurity leads to paranoia but instinct is more a on point feeling that you suddently get, not a feeling that you go ponder about.
    Hope this helped :p

• Instinct, or more accurately, intuition, is almost always wrong. The aphorism "trust your gut"? Yeah, my gut sometimes messes up shitting, which is it's main purpose anyway. I ain't about to trust that lying asshole. Leave the decision making to the brain.