Girls, What would you do if the guy you like gets quite when he hangs out with your friends?

Say the guy you are dating talks fine when you are alone or one on one, but gets quiet when he is around your friends and hardly speaks? You know he is like this because he does not like a lot of people around, but is ok with it if you are happy. He is happy to sit there while all of you talk.

8

Most Helpful Girl

• I d be annoyed. Like I have to take care of his happiness and that he doesn't want to invest some time in my friends. I can understand if he is shy, but he could at least answer the questions of my friends and introduce himself.

A friend of mine had het boyfriend over and he came with us to eat pizza with a big random group of people for the birthday of someone. And he didn't even want to switch to English and just kept talking in german to his girlfriend without introducing himself or showing interest in the birthdaygirl. He made that end of the table really awkward.

I would prefer a guy who would just come into the group like: HI, I am... who are you (shaking hands) and then just tries to talk to some people. If he was just sitting there it wouldn't matter if he came with or stayed at home.

• note; we were with international friends and I can understand it was difficult to speak englisch for him, but for us no one had English as first language and my other friends german boyfriend had a terrible german accent in his English , but he made the most funny and cheerful conversation in some inbetweentype of language.

What Girls Said 7

• I'd try to make him more comfortable around them, give him something to talk about with someone else so that he won't get too bored. I wouldn't want to hang out like this honestly, with him being silent everytime. I'd feel like I'm forcing him.

• I would think exactly that or maybe that he just met my friends and doesn't really know them very well yet. It's perfectly okay though as long as he's polite and doesn't mind me hanging out with them. If it was something that bothered him, that's something else.

• I wouldn't care, hopefully hsle's shy and will warm up.

• I wouldn't mind, some people just don't feel comfortable talking with a lot of people around and that's ok, he should introduce himself though

• That's completely not a problem for me.

• I wouldn't do anything. I'd just accept him the way he is. I'd rather he was like that than flirt with all of my friends. I wouldn't expect him to do anything he felt uncomfortable with. Actually, i tend to talk a lot so we'd both be compatible. Being quiet is very endearing.

• you mean *quiet