Girls, what are some useful strategies on distracting yourself from the new guy your dating?

I've been dating a guy just short of 2 months. We see each other 1-2 times a week and he's really great. I can't help but think about him all day everyday and am constantly checking my phone to see if he's texted me or replied. When I go for walks I try and leave my phone in the car or at home but I get anxious once I come back after my walk to see if there's a message. I don't know how to distract myself, the more I think about it the more I miss him which is just silly

8

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not silly. It's just a honeymoon phase though, but enjoy these sweet moments because after a while, things will settle down and you two will get comfortable with each other... then there will be many crazy trials that'll test out the strength of ur relationship.
    It sounds cruel, but it's the awful truth.

As far as distractions go, try forcing yourself to do the fun things u enjoyed before u met ur crush/bf. I still have this problem too, but i've gotten better. Being on here, concentrating on my work/home life as well as taking myself out on dates or catching up with my frnds and fam is how i cope.

What Girls Said 7

• I'm in the same boat.. Don't worry it's not bad. After all you are dating this boy not crushing on him! There must be some reason why he chose you of all people. Some special reason. So don't spend your time worrying about coming off as despite and trying to get yourself disinterested. He likes you for you not your texting skills. I miss my boy because he's in the army and is he's away the majority of the time. I hope all is well! X

• Aw that would be so hard!! He text me yesterday and I replied and asked his opinion on a dress and it's been over 24 hours and he hasn't replied so I'm trying to distract myself so I don't text him again haha :( he's not a big texter but I can't help but worry he's getting disinterested
      Thank you x

• Then could be the reason then. Don't text him again and wait till he messages you. Switch your phone off or leave it in the house and go out somewhere.. When he replied then you reply too. He might even feel bad that he can hardly talk as he's that busy x

• Thank you x

• Hang out and talk to your other friends more

• It's not silly and I've got the same problem too (although for me it's been a month and a half). I've found that the best thing you can do is work on other parts of your life. The healthiest relationships happen when each person has a life of their own outside of it. So by focusing on developing friends, working hard at school/work, helping family, you'll actually be doing something for your relationship and yourself which will give you enough of a distraction.

• You just got to learn to put your phone away and have time to yourself. It may be hard, but try to find time to enjoy the things you did before you were with this guy. You don't want to get this attached in the beginning.

• Dont show yourself like if you were crazy for him, even though you are, boys dont like girls who are always bothering them, give him space that way he might feel he doesn't own you and he will be more interested in you and he will also show more interest in you. Try to hold your feelings because if you get involved too much you will get hurt too much. So keep it low and try to do other things to distract you from that anxiety.

• KNOW HOW IT FEELS GIRL RELAX A SPA AND GO TO A MOVIE WITH FRIENDS AND TALK ABOUT SOMETHING THAT REQUIRES YOU TO THINK EVERYTHING ELSE BUT HIM

• Try focusing on something you passionate about, when you eat don't keep your phone with you or at work, and he will text when you least expect it.