Is dating your best friend a mistake? If you breakup it will it cause awkwardness?

As of 3 days ago my best friend since preschool and i are oficially dating. We have been through a lot and her mom actually said its about time you two are dating after 21 years of being friends and said she knew it would happen eventually. Its pretty weird to think that she's been here through so many differint girls I've dated and I ended up with her. Theirs a fear though cause if we breakup I don't know if it will be the same cause theirs that awkwardness in which one broke up with the other.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I went out with one of my best friends... it didn't go great but we mutually broke up and we still talk everyday, so it Dosent always have to be awkward

What Girls Said 1

• Even if it turn out to be a mistake, you may learn many things from it. Take the risk.

• Well her mom is asking me when we plan to buy a place and live together and cause she really trusts me and considers me a son already. I told. her when we both graduate cause I don't have an answer. This is becoming really serious really fast.

What Guys Said 4

• not at all... u can still b friends meanwhile... no?

• I don't know it will be weird at first and k have to let it sink in.

• Big toughie very difficult but sometimes you can't deny your feelings.

• Well her feeling are saying we need to live together soon cause we know aach other so wellwe can deal with the drama. I'm cool with that but still if we break up it won't be the same.

• bad idea man unless you guys are competely in love and end up marrying

• I'm not thinking of marriahmge yet lol I'm waiting until at least 27 but its still one of those things where theirs no honeymoon phase I knew everything about her and she k ows everything about me. I'm worried cause I don't want to make what we had before collapse.

• I am dating my best friend now. It feels good to finally have a serious girlfriend.