Should I take a chance in dating a player?

So there's this guy I've know for awhile. And I really like him, he knows. I don't know if I should date him because I know he cheats a lot. I've dated him once and he kept me a secret while he dated another girl named Courtney. Which that brought me into a lot of drama. I'm Willing to do anything for him. But I don't think he's willing to do anything for me.
He says he will... But I just don't know. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know guys like this. Not worth. Stay away. Danger.
    There is about an 80% chance of repeating past mistakes like cheating. Some guys get over it if it became a dramatic event. For the most part though, they'll just repeat the past.

What Guys Said 8

• "I don't know if I should date him because I know he cheats a lot."

Stop right there. I've read enough. No, don't date this guy.

"I've dated him once and he kept me a secret while he dated another girl..."

And you're wondering if he'll suddenly change his ways and not act that way the second time around? No, of course he won't change.

• then no... there's no need to waste so much time and energy ;)

• Player = don't date him because you will be heart broken if he cheated on you

• Dont... a relationship needs efforts from both the sides... and I think u deserve better... I knw its hard to let him go... but trust me its for the better..

• if you´re fine with being played, why not?

• Goo for it, realizing what he's about

• Trust your gut. What is your gut telling you

• Don't do it girl... He already cheated on you.. are you crazy?

What Girls Said 4

• go ahead. once he hurts you dont come on here crying.

• ?

Hmmmmm... do you think he'll be different once you start going out again?
    If you do - you're sadly mistaken.

Only if you're cool with him having more than a few gf's at a time then you can date him... If you're not okay with that - I don't think you should do it.

You know that old saying: "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..."

• Thats what I'm hoping.. He said he will give me all his info.. And shiz. But I just don't know.. I'm starting to think me and him should just be friends.. And see what happens later on

• Why waste your time with someone who isn't going to take you or your relationship seriously?

• I don't think you should...