How to tell someone your dating you have night terrors?

Long story short i have PTSD and on ocassion have night terrors where ill wake screaming and sobbing. Im currently seeing a therapist (have been for a few years), but so far nothing much seems to help with the night terrors. I've tried sleeping pills but they just make it so i can't wake up and am basically traped in the night terror.

Its not like it happens all the time but if it happens when im sleeping with someone it can be quite scary/confusing for them, so giving them some fair warning would be nice.

Anyways, my question to y'all is how do i break this news to a potential bed mate without freaking them out (or them thinking im crazy)?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, ty :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Print out what you just typed above and hand it to him. It's perfect.

• I wasn't sure if being that straight forward would do more harm than good though.
      And when would i tell him, right before heading to bed or give him more notice?

• Better to be truthful and open with him and take the risk that he leave you, then try to hide such a thing - which you could only do for so long, until the night terrors return - and he, with no warning or understanding of what's going on. Having said that, however, I cannot wildly imagine that he would reject you for something like that. Were it I, I would just love you even more, and want to care for you, and protect you from those types of horrors. If he loves you at all, I wouldn't worry!

• Thanks for MHO!

What Guys Said 3

• Just tell them you have VERY vivid night mares. It may freak some out but in my opinion it would be a small number.

• he should b inform abut it BEFORE u start dating actually ;)

• Just say that you have night terrors. It shouldn't be a problem for him if he loves you.

What Girls Said 3

• I would just tell them straight up. If he can't accept that he is a waste of time

• Tell him what you just wrote in your description :)

• just tell him im sure he will understand.