Being Facebook Official?

Why do women or some women care so much about being Facebook official? In regards to being boyfriend and girlfriend. It doesn't even change anything. Why do we have to care so much about what other people think? Do you guys and girls know why?

Most Helpful Girl

• What's generally recognized--at least where I'm from--is if a guy is really into his girlfriend, he will declare her to everyone and openly say "This is my girl".

FB is simply another way to do that. So if he doesn't do it yet he's very active, that can lead to miscommunication by women who want to get with him. He may even be leading a double life. Or he could simply not want to post it there because it's more private and he doesn't want people to know (who are on his FB for some reason).

But I think this is the reason why a lot of women are bothered (For the record, my sister is engaged and I don't think her fiance ever had her as being in a relationship with her. She simply says that she's "in a relationship").

What Girls Said 4

• When you become Facebook official, everyone she knows suddenly knows that she's dating and who she's dating. For some women, that's a big step and they don't want to rush into things, making their family be hopeful and excited for a relationship that might not work.
    I, for one, don't have an issue being Facebook official. I like to get it out the way pretty soon.

• It's important because you'd be making it known you're a couple. Anyone who goes on your page will be aware you're in a relationship and with who (if you tag her)

I don't trust guys who hesitate to make is Facebook official because it's far too easy to play like you're single in another girls inbox.

• My thing is that what if I didn't have a Facebook? Would it matter then? I don't understand why are digital lives have to take over our real ones. If you know what I mean. If I say I'm in a relationship with her why does it matter? I'm not denying we have pictures of eachother all over Facebook so why would changing that matter. I don't know it just doesn't make sense to me.

• Those women are obsessed.

• Because it shows that you're okay with letting all your friends know!

What Guys Said 2

• only gals?

hah!

• Never heard of this.