My boyfriend said if I get pregnant he will leave me. How do I respond to this?

My boyfriend said something disturbing. We were on the topic of having to buy condoms because we didn't have any left. And he said that if I ever get pregnant that I would be on my own. He said he would disappear and that he is serious. I didn't know how to react to it so I just laughed, but honestly it bothered me. I'm not planning on getting pregnant AT ALL, but just the fact that he said it in that way... I'm not fine with it. I don't know how to talk to him about this, but I need to. I'm 21 he is 28. We have been together 8 months now. I always knew he doesn't want to have kids, we were friends for almost a year before we start dating. He has been really great with me, but after that conversation... I simply don't know. How do I go about this?

Most Helpful Girl

• How do you go about this? Leave him.
    Never stay with a man who boldly proclaims he has limited respect and loyalty to you. He basically said that he has no problem pumping his d*ck into your vagina and possibly losing control then cumming inside of you. However, if your vagina actually reminds him that it is a reproductive organ meant for PROCREATION, not the pleasure of his cock, then you are on your own to spend a lifetime on responsibility for a mistake he was partial for. What a piece of trash. You will always feel like a dummy and never forgive yourself for putting a child in the unfortunate situation of having a father like him if you end up getting pregnant.

Leave him now while you still can

What Guys Said 6

• fuck him... that's very asinine... dump him better :)

• That can't be a good sign. You can talk to him about it first, but considering if you get pregnant and he'd be the father and would still leave then its probably best if you too go your separate ways.

• cut him off dont even give him a Bj and if i was you i would kick his ass to the curb cause that just means he is not committed and is using you for sex.

• He obviously doesn't love you. I would break it off unless you are okay with him just using you because it's probably mainly for sex or some kind of personal fulfillment.

• Talk to him about it and depending on what he says then you dump his pathetic ass.

• That goes to show you how committed he is...

What Girls Said 8

• You dump him because he is a jackass

• Just tell him that you found what he said hurtful: tell him it isn't the fact that he doesn't want kids, it's the fact that he basically belittled your worth by telling you that he would abandon you if you were to ACCIDENTALLY get pregnant. Let him know that he was being insensitive.

• Do you really want a man who would abandon his child? He has no morals. He just wants to have fun with you but when shit gets too real he won't be by your side

• eh i'd dump my boyfriend if he said that to me. before i got pregnant he didn't want kids at all but it ended up happening and he's still with me.

• Honestly just dump him. He wouldn't even help you with potential options?

• What a jerk... Are you sure it wasn't just a joke? I hope it is...

• It seems he's not ready yet to commit and settle down with you and he sounded immature.

• leave him!!