Are house dates really a thing? Why?

Why are house dates so acceptable now? I feel like I'm coming off like a prude when I don't want to chill. I would rather not even date a guy if all its gonna be is me coming over and watching a movie at his house. That's something you do with a guy you're already dating not a newbie.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel the same way.

If I dont know the person I am dating why would I go to their house? I could be killed.
    Not just that it strikes me as cheap.

It's acceptable when I know the person well but not for a first date

What Guys Said 5

• I would never ask a new girl to come to my place to watch a movie, I don't find it suitable for a first date. If we're already dating then yes, I sometimes will ask her to come to my place just to chill.

• I don't like em either. It sounds like something I'd love with somebody I'm already with, but the awkwardness of a first date would be multiplied by ten if i invited a stranger into my home to sit on my couch and watch a movie with me O_O

• You're 27--yeah I like house dates. Not as a first date, but maybe like a third date. I like to cook her dinner, go the my apt jacuzzi or play shuffleboard or something like that, def. more than just a movie.

That's for tinder manwhores lol movie and "cuddle" lol like back in freakin 10th grade or something.

• Not everyone is into going out all the time, especially as busy as people seem to be these days!

I don't see anything wrong with relaxing with a house date... but they shouldn't be the ONLY date people do! :-P

• maybe they don't have much free money to go out?

What Girls Said 3

• i spent the night at my boyfriends house the first time we ever hungout. i don't mind house dates. gives you more time to talk and learn about each other than you would get going out to a movie,

• I'm fine with house dates only if we've been going out for a while. It makes it seem like the guy is poor.

• Yeah I don't like them!