Guys, would you date a girl who has a lot of guy friends that like her?

I have been with my boyfriend for 4 months and we love each other very much. I admit that I do have several guy friends that like me but I have no interest in them whatsoever. sometimes they would keep in touch with me (I've known them since high school or middle school) and want to catch up and meet up. There was this one point where one of my guy friends who I know likes me, wanted to go to a movie together, he was a great friend and so I wanted to also catch up with him. But I canceled the last minute and made up an excuse because I felt like it was wrong. (This was going on while I was with my current bf).

Anyway how would you feel about this? Also, would you let your girlfriend go out to a movie with her guy friend that likes her? (When she truly only sees him as a friend)

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Look, the thing is. It depends how much i know my girlfriend loves me and how much i trust her. But either way, i would explain to her not to lead on guys or give them hope like that. I mean put yourself in the other guys' situation, it's not cool. Going with someone to the cinema usually means something to them. Unless the guy is super extroverted and realllly considers u as a friend and has met your boyfriend then i see no problem with going with him at all. But him liking you and planning to have something going on with you then is not cool cause he'l just be getting hope for nothing and will make things just get weird.

What Guys Said 19

• I would not let her go no. If he likes her there's no telling what he will do to try and get her. If she knows this and still wants to go that's basically asking him to try something. Even if she sees him as a friend it's still not okay because when the rolls are reversed she would never feel okay with all that.

This is how emotional affairs start. The only time it's okay is when she gives me all the details and it's a public place with no drinking. No seclusion or alone time or booze. She has to tell me when they're leaving, what they are doing and keep in touch. Otherwise it's just gonna build a trust issue.

• It's tough for the guy you are dating, even if you are not interested, they will try and upstage him with chivalry and cause him to, well not look so good. Competition while dating exclusively is not a mix that should exist.

• Yeah, sure, I would trust her to go out with a guy friend. She has trusted me to do the same, knowing that there was nothing more than friendship in it. She has even asked me to escort a friend of hers to a movie more than once because her friend didn't want to see the movie alone and my partner didn't like the movies anyway

• hahha np... i'm not jelly 8)

• I can't stand women who claim they like hanging around men because it's less drama. It's the dumbest excuse for wanting male attention wiithout having to put out. That being said, I'd have both the confidence and indiference to know that A) my woman is overjoyed with me and doesn't need another man and B) if shit did happen I could easily find another girl, so it's no big deal if I'm not with her anymore.

• I personally would end it because if I mess up once (not by cheating though) that desperate ahole would take advantage of the chance and take advantage of her

• If she sees them purely as a friend... And no attraction then i world date her... Also if any guy friend asks her for a movie or coffee she should say no to him or take me with her... then only i would date her...

• Let's say I'm not even sure what to think of it. I can only act if I suspect it going too far... somehow.

• I wouldn't mind as long as you don't give me a reason to think otherwise. Remember every guy is different though. Your boyfriend might be the jealous type. I would talk to him about it. It would strengthen your relationship

• Yup, I have lots of lady friends so I resonate with that

• Yup. But no pity if she messes up.

• Mmm... I dunno. Would feel risky for me, if that's the word.

• I guess it depends on how long the relationship between us has been going on, and if we can come to an agreement over things.

And that basically includes potential polyamority (is that word?), which I THINK I'd be fine with if there's enough forewarning to cope with it. Though that opens a can of worms filled with potential STDs and birth control. o.0

• The main fear is if the other guy is stealing her away, I think. If the other guy knows he can't really have her, and that he isn't planning on defacing her and calling her a slut, then I might be fine with it.

The thing with polyamorous relationships is that there needs to be a solid alliance with all parties.

• hell no.

sh'd need to find the exit sign and check her self into the smackdown hotel.

• I would... No problem at all

• NO! i would tag along so he would get the message that you are with him.

• I would go out with u but it would take me to really like u to talk to u in that way if u had lots if guy friends cause it could be confusing also if he likes u I would have a problem with it tbh I would have a problem with u doing things like that on ur own with any guy I would have no prob u hanging out with them just the two of u but when it would be something like that where it is practically a date I would be uncomfortable with it but still I wouldn't say u cants cause it's ur life I just would be a little out out by it and worried that I was losing u to them

• Not alone together no way. The amount of jealousy and lack of trust that would make...

• Yes this literally was my relationship I just ended. I'm kinda friends with the un-cool, kinda weird people, but I'm not as weird as them at all. There is this one girl who is kinda friends with the rest of us, and after a while we started dating. We did not tell anyone (for various reasons) and at certain points some of my friends asked her out (she is quite a friendly person which people mistake for flirting). She ended up obviously liking one of them more than me and I was just so sick of it that we broke up.

So no, I would not have liked it if my girlfriend went to a movie with a guy friend that likes her. No matter how many times you tell your boyfriend that you do not like the guy friend, he should not believe you (which makes sense)

• Nope. I would have trust issues.