Why do people hate narcissists so much? If you care so much why they don't love you, aren't you one as well?

Say you meet a narcissist and you get so called Hurt by them, and you then become angry or bitter that they don't love you. Aren't you somewhat egotistical too?
Frued (psychologist) is a huge believer in everyone having a huge ego

Most Helpful Guy

• Good argument - I tend to agree.

• I always thought this. Why would someone care if they love theirselves so much and not other people? I think those people just want others not to be selfish so they can have their needs catered to. They hate narcissists because narcissists would cater to their needs

What Guys Said 2

• can't someone hate a narcissist without wanting them to love them back? there must be more than that reason to hate.

• Kinda find it hard to have feelings for someone who loves themselves to the point of excluding everyone else.

It's not really egotistical, just a common reaction when you realize someone you love doesn't love you because they're so absorbed in loving themselves to the extreme. Get me?

What Girls Said 3

• I don't really care.

• Well, when I hate a narcissist, I wouldn't want love back... I'd just kinda think "wow, that persons an ass" and avoid them.

No one wants to talk to someone who is all about no one but themselves all the time.

• There's a difference between 'loving yourself' and 'loving yourself to the exclusion of all else'. I was raised by someone with narcissistic personality disorder, and the abuse is something that I will NEVER recover from fully.