What is the best age to start dating?

My parents won't let me start dating until I am 20. What is the best age to start dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 25 and still haven't dated yet :( it's different for everybody.

What Guys Said 10

• Well guys/girls in highschool are really immature and naive so 18-20 is the right age to start dating because you're more serious and to be honest HS relationships don't last it's really rare to find your soulmate in HS

• For a girl? Around 32 or so.

• I say whenever you feel like you're ready, but let's keep it legal and say 18

• I started at 11 buy if i had a daughter itd be 20 too 😂 but realistically about 14 is probably good

• 20 sounds alright.

• 20? wow thats harsh. my parents didn't let me date until i was 16

• My daughter ain't dating until after she graduates college...

• 12-16, Teenage always in a date, Modern people don't care about the age.

• Anytime you feel really to start dating, I was 15 when I started and that's now 5 years ago

• I think it is 16 ...

What Girls Said 7

• i wouldn't let my kid date till 18ish. i think school should take priority before dating.
    i won't b stupid about it though, because i know that if i turned into a strict af mother it'd backfire. i think there are nice ways to remind your kids that love isn't all that during the teenage years.

• Once you are 18 you are allowed to date (by common law anyway) you can also vote.
    If your parents won't "let" you... well you'll have to comply for as long as you live with them.
    However, if you are independant and don't need their money you can do whatever the hell you want to.

• I didn't start dating seriously until I was 19. Technically, I wasn't allowed to date until I was 16 (but I had a secret boyfriend at 15. Pretty sure he's gay now. Lol). There wasn't anyone I really wanted to date in high school - all the boys were either unattractive or idiots.

• Around 18 years old.

• I can't date until I'm 18. But 20 is quite old. I'd say 16.

• Before your first period 😂😂😂

• I've started dating and I'm 14, as long as you ensure your parents nothing sexual will happen and are mature about it I'm sure they will let you date