Do highschool relationships last?

do they? what causes them to end if they do? why do people get into them in the first place?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're talking about romantic relationships, most don't last but a few rare one's do and that comes with a lot of commitment and communication from both parties. When people date at a young age they are still developing life goals, expectations, discovering who they are and want to be and that also includes the people the associate and interact with. Their levels of maturity are also developing. Some people who seem mature in school might not be relationship mature and might not know how to behave and manage their relationship. Also post-secondary schooling and jobs, etc. might also serve as barriers. Also, your future plans and goals might be different from theirs and some times people have to go their separate ways but hopefully they can part on good terms and still be friends.

What Girls Said 13

• Some do and some don't. It depends on the people and their relationship. If its the stupid cliche instagram picture love then they don't last long. If it's not that and more than that, if they stay lowkey and build each other up, good communication, not too clingy, you know? Then it's most likely to last. Relationships end for various reasons, different schools, long distance, no trust, no good communication, or they can't make it work anymore, the spark is not there and they get bored of each other. People get into relationships because.. there's really no true reason. You just know. Like you love this person, you think it can work out, you want this person around.

• They usually don't last very long.

• Mine didn't. He broke up with me after 14 months because I wasn't ready to have sex. Then I found out that be cheated. Today is actually our old anniversary.

• Most don't, but many do and its very cute! :) the thing is this... when you meet someone at a young age, you end up changing a lot by the time you are a few years into the relationship. Not saying that adults don't change but, the person you fell in love with in high school may not be there in a few years. Opinions change/develop, physical changes, life experience changes us etc. :) keep this in mind :)
    Peace
    Margaret

• Some do, some don't. I know high school sweethearts who got married, and I know high school sweethearts who broke it off because it just wasn't working anymore.

• Mine has, so far. It's almost to the three and a half year mark.

• Some do. Most don't

• I think they rarely do.

• My parents relationship did

• Depends on how hard you work to keep it. Sometimes they do last.

• Usually not... but some (rarely) do.

• my brother has been with his girlfriend since he was 13 he is now 26 and they have 4 beautiful children, same as 3 sisters.. they have been with there partners since school and they are now married in there 30's and have children. so I guess yes some do & some don't. it depends how much love you have for another & how much trust and hope you have as couple.

• This is a stupid question.

What Guys Said 12

• Sometimes, but usually not. Why get in them? Because people enjoy relationships. It is nice to be liked or loved by the opposite sex (for most). And you don't know when you begin if it will last.

• I think its certainly possible, but only if both people going into the relationship are mature, knowledgable about relationships, and head over fucken heels in love. So if you are educated and experience enough in HS, and so is your partner, than it IS possible for it to last. But if the immaturity doesn't cause them to break up, college probably will. I'd say going off to college is actually the number one reason most HS relationships don't last. If both partners go off to different colleges, they will be far away- not to mention having virtually no free time to visit. Plus, more likely than not, they will meet someone else on campus and find that a relationship with them would be much easier. I would say that the majority of relationships start in college.

• Some highschool relationships may last if they hit the lotto of compatibility, but most just don't. High school is simply just in a time when we learn more about the world and ourselves and when we really start to create our identities. So at that time it'd be difficult to maintain a relationship when you dont even really know what you want from it let alone life. I had a relationship for a year an a half, and now that I think back I can't even begin to grasp how the hell I even got along with my ex lol.

• they may last 4 ever actually... ;)

• Most of the time they don't but even the ones that do don't end up working out in the end. I know so many stories where they got married at 18 where they end up regretting it because they didn't get to explore other relationships and one ends up cheating or it ultimately ends in divorce.

• They get into them because they want companionship and love. Immaturity most often breaks them up but some last a lifetime. My parents-in-law's did.

• no. relationships never last anymore no matter the age. its easier to replace something thats broken rather than fix it now a days.

• Probably between 5% to 25% last. It depends on what you mean by how long.

• Hahahaha high school. Just lol @ h. s. HS is a joke in every way possible.

• Yea it last and people usually keep them because of the times you grow older together

• Most relationships won't mean much until you reach 25+.

• Realistically? Rarely. People change a lot and grow apart.