Has anyone ever dealt with parents who don't let their child date until a certain age?

The girl I really like is not allowed to date until college apparently. It's her parents' rules that goes for herself and her sister. Is there a way to get around this or would she only be motivated to find out if she was really really into me? I don't think this girl isn't in to me, I just think that her parents have made her believe that she is not allowed at all to engage in relations with a guy. She has guy friends, don't get me wrong, I just want to be more than just her friend. Does anyone have experience with this? I really need to talk to her and find out about this whole situation, but how do I go about doing it?

Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh... I don't believe that this girl is even telling you the truth to be honest. I think she's lying to let you down easy.

I've been to college and let's just say most parents probably pray that their kids don't date in college... why? Because most of them don't date, they just bang. So it literally makes no sense that their rule would be "you can date in college" - yeah... sounds more like: you can date when she no longer goes to the same school as you and you're out of your life.

Harsh, but it's my suspicion.

• I'd think that, but she did not tell me. My friend is friends with her sister and she told me that they're not allowed to date until a college age or something. That's the reason I am believing this whole thing is legitimate. She wouldn't use a weak excuse like that anyway; she'd tell the truth.

• Well unless my friend used my name when she asked, then I'd agree with you. I have doubts that make me think otherwise...

• No worries, I don't know this girl so I can't say. I can only go off of base instinct.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, I wasn't allowed to date until I was almost 18.

• What was that like? Maybe you could help me figure out was she is thinking about this whole thing.

• Hahaha yeah, I'm still not allowed to date😂

• I was allowed to date until I was 17.

What Guys Said 3

• fortunately not... although those parents suck in my opinion

• They're just trying to protect their kids, yet I think it hurts them in a social aspect.

• Yes I'm one of those parents my little girl will be daddy little girl and no guy is going to touch her if they do they will be in a pine box

• Why not just respect the fact that her parents don't want her to date and leave it at that?

• It's not like I don't respect it, sir. It's just I don't feel like that is a valid reason for me to not pursue her still.

• Well, her parents have authority over her as long as she's under the age of consent so there's really nothing you can do... if she decides to break their rules and gets caught they might not even let her around you which would be even worse.

• Most likely won't see her after high school is over, so that's fine...