17 and my boyfriend is still just my refrigerator…?

So I'm off to college in a few months and I'm nervous about the whole dating thing bc I've never been asked out before. Personality wise I'm outgoing and nice around girlfriends. That being said if a guy even looks at me I get nervous, automatically assume their thanking something negative and I get a serious urge to run…fast. This guy that I liked would stare at me a lot in our chem class but I was way to shy to do anything about it and I wanted to sink under the table. Don't get me wrong ik I sound boy crazy but I'm not, I just don't want a repeat of high school. I've watched my friends date and I'm just the supportive friend. I'd like to date say oh I don't know maybe within this decade! I'll admit it I'm kind of a hermit, I don't go out a lot so that's something I should probably work on. Any other tips? Ps. thanks for reading my rant :)

Most Helpful Guy

• "automatically assume their thanking something negative and I get a serious urge to run…fast."

Oh Please don't do that! A girl in college actually did that to me. I liked her by the way... neer saw her again. That effected me for years.

-I never actually knew why she ran away, now I do.

What Guys Said 3

• Every person has had the same thoughts thinking they will never get a bf/gf but the vast majority of us meet someone one day. Just keep being yourself and someday you will meet right guy.

• refrigerator? LOL

anyway if u don't feel comfortable going out... u don;t have to :)

• You're pretty attractive so my best personal guess is that he thought you already had a boyfriend

What Girls Said 2

• I think going out would be the best thing you can do =]

• finger him more