Are "Gamer Girls" still attractive?

I'm currently 20 and am infatuated with gaming and anime. On my days off work I'll spend hours into the night playing online games and some steam games. When I get more into my 20's will it become unattractive to guys for me to play video games?

Ok just some more background, I'm a med student with a focus in pediatrics and I also play soccer. So gaming is not my entire life lol, but it is something I really enjoy to do in my free time, Though in the case of beta testing for a new game, I'm all over it lol xD
There's a lot more responses than I could've hoped for. So I greatly appreciate everyone who's given their opinion. Thank you so much for taking interest enough to reply ^^ and thank you to anyone else who responds in the future.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its all perspective to what the guy wants but i mean in my eyes hell fucking yeah thats awesome. I know its a term that sounds really stereotypical when really if a girl plays games, its just that. Not a "girl gamer". Even though me and im pretty sure most guys love "gamer girls". Who wouldn't like to have someone to play with AND possibly be in a relationship? Gaming can be so fun and challenging and is great bonding.

What Guys Said 15

• Medical student + Gamer + Anime lover + Plays soccer?
    www.troll.me/.../will-you-marry-me-.jpg

The thing is, these all are the "qualities". If you are having hard time in relationships, the problem must be something else. Don't worry, be happy and proud to be a gamer. You're gonna fulfill someone's dreams someday :)

• No no no lol xD I'm in a relationship of 2 years. My question was more about my life to come and if it was still something that could be a shared interest haha. But thank you for the response ^^

• Don't worry. As long as it doesn't hinder your career, it's fine to do so. That makes you happy, keep doing it. People work so hard in finding a real happiness but you get it at your home easily. And of course, it certainly can be a shared interest :)

• They can be but if thats all they care about and dont want to do anything else I am out

• I personally think that's awesome. That means you aren't focusing all of your energy on me and constantly wanting my attention.

It means there will be days when all you want to do is play games (which means not annoying me with overbearing nonsense). Plus it's something you can take your frustration out on, instead of it translating into some form of nagging, which I will most likely be on the receiving end of.

This is how I look at it, so I'd be more than accepting of it.

• Praise GabeN and the sales!!! (/'-')/
    But anyways I personally don't go for women who play video games because the majority of guys are so desperate for them and I just lose all attraction because they basically have a herd of sausages following them

• It can be a shared interest. There are other qualities that determine whether you are overall attractive or not, though.

• To be honest I'm one of those guys where gamer girls are no longer a turn-on. I think gamer girls would only be hot to nerdy guys or something

• @update that sounds fine to me if she keeps it as a hobby that's totally understandable and cool

• Aw lol I'm glad the update changed your opinion to it being understandable.

• Yea video games are cool in moderation I guess :) Anyway why should you care what I think lol

• Playing games is great, I play them all the time. Being able to play some co-op with a girlfriend is fun. Being a spaz about gaming is not attractive though.

• Nope. Gamers can always relate to each other and girls who are passionate about digital arts will always be plus in my books. That being said, balance is always needed with such things

• Hell yeah that's awesome. It could even work out as a common interest and something that a couple could enjoy together in a relationship

• Oh god no. Keep doing what you're doing, gamer girls are awesome to be around with.

• Maybe to some people, but look at our generation now! Full of gamers, I am part of that! It's great! A lot of men will have the same interests as you, so it's perfect, they will find it highly attractive not the opposite!

• Whew, I love YOU!!!

• Hell no its awesome if you enjoy video games

• Hell no lol. Thats a huge plus for me.

• i used to think girl gamers were hot when i played video games. but now that i don't play games anymore i don't find those type girls attractive anymore :)

What Girls Said 5

• If it's unattractive to guys then I must be the ugliest thing on the planet.

• It depends on the guy, also it's how you balance out your life while being a gamer. I play a lot of COD, bf4, gta, borderlands, but I also have a job, and I attend college. I try and balance everything out, I still go out and live my life. Just don't let it consume your daily life responsibilities.

• This question gets asked about as many times as the Is my dick big enough? questions. It needs its own subsection.

• I totally do this and who cares? As long as you can maintain a normal social life work life and are respectably educated as the quote goes "you like what you like"

• I don't refuse to call myself a "gamer girl". I'm just a gamer.

And who cares if it's attractive? If that's what you enjoy, go for it. And a lot of guys in their 20s still play video games so I don't see a problem with it