What does it mean when your ex texts you out of the blue?

Me and my ex broke up in septemeber, it was a pretty mutual breakup after a 6 year relationship. She's texted me a couple of times since then but our contact has been minimal, we haven't seen each other since then and it's been the longest we've ever gone without seeing each other. Now wihtin the last month or so she has been messaging me randomly and yesterday ashe messaged me saying that she was gonna drop off some of my stuff, I really dont care to get my stufff back in all honesty seeing as i've done without them since September. She has to know that I dont need them back, so why is she really messaging me? When we message it's so intense cause it seems like we just wanna say so much in such a small convo, we send pictures and vids and it's sorta awkward cause I feel like I would wanna see her but I dont know if she feels the same. SHould I ask to meet up with her casually?

5

Most Helpful Girl

• She honestly probably misses you. Or misses having you in her life. If she's approaching you and sending you pics/videos, I would assume she is open to having you back in her life. If you want her to come back in your life, ask her to go do something together. BUT remember, if you don't want to be with her again, it may not be in your best interest to meet up with her.

What Girls Said 4

• If you want to see if anything will spark up again or just simply would like to see her then I would definitely ask to meet up. Life is too short to not take chances. So if you want to see her, ask her. Before you don't have another chance to do so. You have a six year history together. That's a long time. And without proper closure it can also be devastating.

• She probably just wants closure and to get rid of your junk. You can meet up, but don't have any expectations of getting back together.

• Even Though Your Relationship Has Ended She May Wanna Be Friends And See You When She Drops Your Stuff Off But That's My Opinion Don't Take It As An Answer lol.

• If you were together for years it's no big deal for her to message you... She probably just misses talking to you it's no big deal