Is it normal to not need a woman in one s life?

I always tell people that as a man I don t need a woman in my life. I can do everything I need through my own work and toil. I cook my own food. I fix my own broken things. I sleep by myself. Supposedly, I am pathetic for living in such a way. Is it true?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's pathetic at all.

What Girls Said 4

• No. Some people love to live independently without partners. Women do, too. I guess it's just the person's preference wether to live a single life or with their partner!

• Umm, I wasn't aware that you needed a woman to do all of those things in the first place? Congratulations you're an adult!

I honestly people should do know how to and practice those things before they get into relationships anyway, as well as having your own things, money, car, job etc. then it becomes less about depending on each other for things and more about enjoying someone else and your time together.

• No you are not. I feel like ideally it's cool when people can do all of that on their own and take care of themselves. I feel like relationships are for companionship and for when you find someone you want to be around all the time, because you really like them. I don't feel like people should be together because one of them can't do that stuff for themselves. But there are things a boyfriend or girlfriend can do for you that you can't do for yourself, you can't be your own best friend and you can't give yourself the feelings of falling in love.

• Yes, it's true.

What Guys Said 10

• It's not true. Your life is no less valid just because you are single.

• You don't have to NEED one, the point is to meet one that you prefer being with than not being with. Balance. You don't have to be miserable without a partner to see value in having a partner.

• Well, no man NEEDS a woman. But in the long run, it is nice to have a companion

So it's completely normal

• not normal... but as ong as u are happy... ;)

• I don't need a woman in my life either, but I want a woman in my life. I like to compare it with video games. You don't need anyone to play, singleplayer games are fun. But it usually a lot more fun to play with two.

• Yes it's okay. You're a strong independent man who needs no woman.

• But you are missing afternoons spend in the mall waiting they finish the first half of the first store.

• It's not normal and you should seek counseling, I think you are living this way because you're angry at women and because you had been rejected many times.

• I would say it is easier to live without women than it would be for women to live without us. They think they can but logically it wouldn't pan out.

Top MALE jobs in CANADA/USA %Male
    Construction Millwrights and Industrial Mechanics 98.50%
    Electricians (Except Industrial and Power System) 98.40%
    Heavy-duty Equipment Mechanics 98.90%
    Industrial Electricians 98.30%
    Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanics 98.60%
    Steamfitters, Pipe-fitters Installers 98.30%
    Bricklayers 98.90%
    Concrete Finishers 98.80%
    Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics 98.80%
    Gas Fitters 98.60%
    Brick-masons, Block masons, and Stonemasons 99.90%
    Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration Mechanics and Inst. 99.40%
    Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists 99.30%
    Roofers 99.00%
    Carpet, Floor, and Tile Installers and Finishers 99.50%
    Electrical Power Line Installers and Repairers 99.60%
    Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Mechanics, Inst. and Repairer 99.20%
    Cement Masons, Concrete Finishers, and Terrazzo Workers 99.70%
    Structure Iron and Rebar Workers 99.40%

10 FEMALE OCCUPATIONS IN CANADA/USA %female
    Secretaries 97.90%
    Nurse Supervisors and Registered Nurses 93.70%
    Early Childhood Educators and Assistants 96.40%
    Receptionists and Switchboard Operators 93.80%
    Babysitters, Nannies, and Parents’ Helpers 94.00%
    Estheticians, Electrologists, and Related Occupations 93.60%
    Dental Hygienists and Dental Therapists 97.20%
    Dietitians and Nutritionists 94.80%
    Court Recorders and Medical Transcriptionists 96.10%
    Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists 94.10%
    Secretaries and Administrative Assistants 96.10%
    Registered Nurses 91.10%
    Nursing, Psychiatric, and Home Health Aides 88.20%
    Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners 89.00%
    Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks 90.90%
    Receptionists and Information Clerks 92.70%
    Childcare Workers 94.70%
    Office Clerks, General 84.20%
    Personal and Home Care Aides 86.10%
    Teacher Assistants 92.40%

Without men society falls apart, literally.

www.catalyst.org/.../women-male-dominated-industries-and-occupations-us-and-canada

So besides sex (and procreation), nothing else changes. But scientist have created an mechanical uterus so soon, just sex.
    We have our buddies for companionship and can be ourselves 100% without judgment. I know there will be so many females who take offense by this, which is another thing. Can you just accept some logical information without taking it personal and getting all defensive about it.

So yes, in short. You can live without women in your life.

• Yeah, it's normal. Healthy people don't "need" other people. They simply choose to be around them because it's pleasant.