Guys, Am I shallow for wanting to date a guy who is taller than me?

I'm 5'11, and I kind of refuse to date a guy who is shorter than me, or isn't tall enough so that I can wear heels without being taller than him.
I've been the tall person everywhere I go, and I'm tired of it. I want somebody to be taller than me for a change, I want to have to look up to speak to somebody, instead of always looking down. Is that so wrong of me?

• Yes
    36% (21)
  • No
    64% (38)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll
I have dated guys who were shorter, but I just don't want to do it again...

36

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it's shallow, since you're putting a large focus on physical appearance, as opposed to personality, emotions, or the character of the person. With this being said, there isn't anything "bad" about being shallow: I'm shallow myself. I won't date a girl I REALLY (key word here), I repeat, REALLY don't find physically attractive. However, I would say maybe ten percent of the girls in my age group fall into this category, which means roughly 90 percent of the girls I see my age are physically adequate for me to date. I'm also open to dating older women.

As far as height goes, I LOVE tall girls! I'm 6'3 myself, so a girl around my height sounds sexy! Plus they seem to have a better waist-to-hip ratio. With this being said, I would date a girl who ranges from 4'11 to 6'5, because if they're extremely short or extremely tall, I put them in the "REALLY" unattractive range.

I'll give you kudos for dating guys shorter than you though! Most girls won't do it, regardless of how short they are themselves. You look very attractive and I would love to meet a girl your height and as pretty as you are.

What Guys Said 35

• well its difficult to find a guy taller than you by a lot becuaseo f your own height, and its not ur fault that u are very tall. i'm sure you're a beautiful girl, but would like a guy to at least be eye level with you, that's all a girl wants usually, a msaculine figure taller than them, to show physical dominance, part of human nature, so nothing shallow about it in my opinion.

• I don't think that's bad. If you want a guy taller than you with heels (6'3-6'4 at least) the issue I see for you is only 1 to maybe 2 or 3% percent of the male population is that height. I bet that would be hard for you to find a guy you really like.

• I think it is shallow. Let me tell you why, the vast majority of men you date will NOT be taller than you, especially in heels. This is why feminists hate how fashion imprisons women because men originally came up with the idea of wearing heels. You need to understand that the average woman is 5'4 almost everywhere around the world if you look at most statistics and that includes the U. S. You are 5'11. THAT IS WAY taller than average.

The real reason why you won't date shorter men is because you feel insecure with your own height. The sooner you expect your height for what it is the happier you will be. I am your height. In order for a man to meet your requirements he must be at least 6'5. HAHAHAHAHA, good luck finding that one.

If you do find that man then you will have MOUNTAINS of women after him. Why would he pick you? Why wouldn't he date a smaller woman, and does he treat you right? Is there an actual romantic connection? So since your standards are unrealistic you are shallow. Your height for a woman is MASSIVE. At some point you have to ask yourself is it realistic to date me that tall. You have to fight your insecurity before you date.

• I don't think you're shallow. I'm 6'3", and I prefer a woman who's in my field of vision.

• So, does it make someone shallow if they refuse to date someone based on one physical characteristic which is pretty much beyond their control anyway? Gee, I don't know. *Face palm* I know one thing for sure, date whoever you want insecure female.

• you are totally entitled to your preference. That's what makes the world go around! I'm 6ft 4 so it kinda suits me!

• Nope, your entitled to date who you want date and if you want
    date a guys whose taller than you than that's your preference
    your entitled to that option :)

But I'm 5'9" - 5'10" I would date a taller girl than me but your
    not being shallow never let anyone put you on that guilt trip:)

• no it's yer preference

• I don't see a problem with that. It would be shallow if all you cared about was height regardless of his personality ther than that... I'm pretty sure most girls do the same thing as you so it's not shallow at all.

• Not at all. I'm 6'5'' and my girlfriend is your height. She always had the same issue before she met me. It isn't shallow, it's just personal preference.

• I would not say it is hallow, it is a preference, however if you do not give a guy who is even just a little shorter a chance then yeah it might be a little shallow

• There is absolutely nothing to suggest you are shallow. Yeah, if you were 5'2" and wanted someone not shorter than 6 feet, then I would say it is not very realistic. But not on your case. Your desire "to look up to someone" it very valid and I always find it more romantic and natural.

• Nothing wrong with having a preference. Where I'm from you'd have plenty of choice as well. 5'11 is quite short.

• On a basic biological level, that's natural. The average male is taller than the average female.

• No, because you have a perfectly fair reason for preferring taller guys. Now, had you said shit like "I want a tall guy because short guys aren't man enough", THEN you would've been shallow.

• It's not wrong you deserve to feel relieved by your loved one. I say this even though I'm only 5' 7" -_- lol

• Is it shallow? Sure.

Is it biology and life, that pretty much every woman wants a guy taller than her? Sure.

• I wouldn't say it's shallow for most girls, so it's not shallow for you, you just aren't gonna have much luck.

• Is it shallow that guys want thin girls?
    If you answer: Yes, then you know the problem.
    If you answer: No, then it's ok.

• i think to look up to someone physically isn't important...

height is a psychological barrier.. i'm 6. i'd date a girl who is 5... or 6'2...
    if she is a nice person!!

look upto them in person... search for a guy who is a better person in your opinion.

• Naeeeee - -

• No because:

1) It's your preference.
    2) There are millions of guys who want to date shorter girls.

• It's a preference, not shallowness.

• As long as it isn't shallow of me to only wanting to date women who are skinny or fit.

• I refuse to date a girl that weighs more than me so I guess we are on the same level xD

• No just preference

• Yes. (5.11 dam thats a big bitch!). But no more shallow than my prefrence for short skinny women with big tits.

• Yes... Yes you are the same way how I'm 5 11and I want to date a shorter girl like 5 1 5 2

• Am I shallow too for keeping same thoughts?

• height shouldn't matter

• More from Guys
    5