Did the date go poorly or is it because he is leaving?

I met a guy at a party on Friday . We were both drunk but had a lot of friendly fun. At the end he asked me if he could kiss me and I said only if he took me out on a date. He didn't ask for my number or facebook but managed to find me the next day and we started messaging on facebook all of Saturday. On Sunday he asked me to go on a date on Tuesday and once I said yes there was little conversation, just to arrange the date. We went out to for dinner and after he asked if I wanted to get dessert. So we talked for maybe 3.5 hours in total and it seemed to go well. He told me he was hesitant at first to ask me because he was moving across the state at the end of the week. He walked me back and didn't try to kiss me, it seemed a bit slow at the end but otherwise we laughed and talked up a storm. I thought maybe we could be friends so I messaged him today and said that I know he's moving but I really enjoyed talking to him and hope we can be friends. He answered but very short. Just, "yeah for sure." I've never really gone on dates before so I don’t know how to interpret all of this. Why did he ask me on a date and drive up 2 hours for it? Do you think he doesn't want to be friends?

Most Helpful Guy

• "yeah for sure." <----- take it as no i'd say

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, he was hoping for a one night stand before he took off, and if that wasn't in the cards, he wasn't interested in chatting any longer.

• that's a guy with some attitude.. positive of course.. and is not romantic biased.. he sounds cool to me... my type actually!!!

• He may be trying to distance himself from the situation so neither of you get hurt when he leaves. I don't necessarily think that it's because he doesn't like you or doesn't want to be friends and you shouldn't either.

What Girls Said 1

• its because he is leaving.