No guy has genuinely been interested in me?

Could it be my personality is off putting? I'm in between an introvert and an extrovert and I admit I'm not the warmest person at first when getting to know someone, but once I let them in, I'm told I have a good sense of humor. My friends say I am a supportive friend, and that people can talk to me about anything. The only guys that are interested in me don't share the same interests I do I mean if we dated, what would we have to talk about? I don't feel a connection towards them at all, besides them being a friend, there's no chemistry there or attraction on my side. I just want to find someone I click with, where we connect and that I am attracted to, and they're attracted to me; it's like finding a needle in a haystack or trying to walk into Mordor or something.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• I hate to even bring this up, I really do, but do you have an extreme physical feature that could be a turn off? The only reason I ask is because most men are visual and go for looks over anything else. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but there are some exceptions where some people look unattractive to almost everyone (like deformed people, morbidly obese, dwarfs, etc.) Do you ask guys out? If not, try doing that. I don't think personality is the issue, because as I mentioned, most guys are too visual to recognize a genuine personality.

I'm in the same boat as you, except I'm a straight male. I've never had a girl interested in me and I've had countless rejections. I'm not wealthy and there are too many gold-diggers in my age group. It's not my fault and it very well might not be your fault either.

• Not that I know of, I have two beauty marks on my face that are small. People thought I used makeup to paint them on, but besides that I don't think so. The only problem I have with asking the guy out is how would I really know he is interested for sure. He really could have nothing else better to do that day besides passing the time on a random date.

• Yeah, rejection sucks. The times I did ask guys out they were flattered, but that was it,

• @Asker I don't know what to tell you. You're literally in the same boat as me. What some reason, it's just never happened. Ever.

• www.lifehack.org/.../...are-probably-ambivert.html

Good luck first discover yourself then you will find a partner easily

What Girls Said 3

• You will find the right person but maybe this just isn't the time , everyone has a partner sometime in like and maybe your will come sooner or later. Just don't give up yet

• I think you have more or less answered your own question tbh. You say that you don't feel a connection towards them at all and therefore you are not likely to be putting out "come hither" vibes and guys will then just back away. It sounds like you have to know a person a bit before you start to show who you truly are and therefore perhaps you missing out on flirting and giving a guy permission to come closer and try to get to know you.

• So, does this mean I need to work on my flirting skills and give them a green light so to speak?

• Yes, I think so. In my experience, most guys do find it a bit difficult to approach a girl, even if she ticks a ton of boxes. I would try and flirt a little more and then see what results you get. Guys do love a smile and it can be a good ice-breaker. That being said, only smile at the ones you think you might want to talk too.

• you just have bad luck.