Why does my boyfriend take so long to respond now?

My boyfriend and I met online and have been dating almost two years. We've been together in person a couple times but are still long distance. Of course we went through the puppy love stage but that ended a while ago. Now he goes through phases, sometimes always wanting to text, other times taking forever to respond. The past few days he has hardly texted me, despite him not even being busy. I talked to him last night, saying he was acting distant. We made up and I thought everything was fine, but today after hours of me at work, he is still taking so long to text back. He knows it gets on my nerves, especially because he is just laying in bed. What should I do? I don't want to fight, but I'm curious why he's acting like this...

Most Helpful Girl

• You sound exactly like I do haha! Me and my boyfriend have a long distance relationship due to him being in the army, me and my boyfriend went through puppy love stage aswell and that has stopped, I used to be a very clingy person and always want to constantly text but once the puppy stage was over he became very slow to the replies it used to seriously anger me and I always used to think what if he's speaking to other what if he's out with other girls! And honestly it was all in my head, the best way to go around this situation is if he takes a while to reply do speak thing that will take your mind off the fact he isn't replying this will make you as a person not worry and feel better about yourself! And also do it back to him if he replys say an hour after you've sent a message don't send one straight back to him, this will make him wonder why your not replying which will make him reply faster as he may then get the feelings you feel!

What Guys Said 2

• maybe he's textin someone else? ;)

• Because he is crazy

What Girls Said 4

• I hate to say it but he might be talking to someone else he might be getting tired of the long distance relationship

• My ex was doing the same thing.

• you should ask him.

• text someone else?