Being someone's second choice?

So I started dating this new guy about a week ago. Super cool guy, like him a lot, been having a great time together so far, yes we have had sex. He has been really honest and serious the whole time, not fucking around. I can tell he is looking for something serious. However, he told me from the start that he just got out of a relationship with a girl literally a couple days before he asked me out on the first date. He said he dated her for a month, and he seemed fine he just said he wanted to be open with me, which I appreciate. Well, suddenly I don't hear from him for like two days, which is weird for him, I was kind of irked but figured oh whatever, finally he texted me and was being all whiny saying cryptic stuff like "Oh I'm sorry I haven't talked to you I'm in a predicament, but I care for you" blah blah blah. Obviously this predicament involves the other girl, I mean what else could it be? Well I was right, because today he told me that the other one came back around, but he has decided he wants nothing to do with her and he wants to go out with me tonight. Honestly I'm a little irritated, I mean I'm trying to be nice and cut him some slack since he was always honest from the start, but I don't like feeling like I'm someone's second choice. I'm a pretty attractive girl and it's not usually the position I'm in to be second, so it's putting me off some. Should I tell him I think he needs to wait a bit and make sure things are really over for him and the other one, or should i give him more of my time? I really like him but I'm not about to let myself be screwed over.

Most Helpful Guy

• You have the option to make him your second as well, just keep looking and having good sex with him, or if that isn't something you are interested in, it sounds like you just need o end it and move on. Or give him the option to choose, but that kind of sucks.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 2

• Don't be a choice at all. dafuq

• you should walk away.

• Yeah I'm actually a little pissed at his wishy washy bullshit over the last few days (not texting me, being all weird etc). I think I am going to hang out with him tonight because I want to tell him straight up that I am irritated. Not in a mean way or anything, just like "hey I don't really want to deal with bullshit in my relationships been there done that so i don't think it's going to work for you and I."