OKcupid reveals how important race is in attraction or dating. Why are people like this?

OKcupid shows that non-white men (esp of subcontinental or Asian background) and black women have the worst chances - people don't initiate with them, nor reply to them.
Why don't people want to get to know others? Is dating all just about sex now or what?
Dating sites show that this prejudice is actually getting worse with time.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not surprised by the results.

Although as a black woman who used to date, I would say I had a great amount of responses

What Girls Said 3

• I dont take heed to those things because I get enough matches on Tinder to prove other wise.

People are attracted to what they are use too sometimes and sometimes they aren't. Thats basically it. Comfort and preference. I ain't mad. Because for every race there is many for one person of a differnt race

• I think Indian/Asian have it worse

• thats messed up.

What Guys Said 8

• My main problem with those stats is that they only reveal the race of the study group. It doesn't mention age, education level, job, bad habits which can turn people away, attraction level of these people and other various factors that can be regarded as a dealbreaker. I don't care what race a girl is, if she's ugly, smokes, or has no aspiration in life then I wouldn't reply back to her either.

Anyway dating sites are really weird because people standards on dating sites are extremely high compared to what they would be in real life. I made a fake account for one of those sites some months back and I was amaze at how many girls specifically wanted a guy, who's at least 6'2, has a good paying job, and has all the qualities of a Prince Charming. I believe most people (women more so) go on dating sites looking for their IDEAL soulmate, rather then someone who will be compatible with them.

People are way less picky in real life as opposed to on the internet, so I don't know how good those stats can be translated into the real world where social interaction takes place in person.

• Nail on the head!

Samples are used to draw inferences. That's all. It's averaged out to be applied to the wider population, but it's not to be taken as factual. It's just what "might" be the case.
      Of course they miss all the other variables, some of which may be more significant, in terms of what drives attraction.
      I just don't subscribe to this shite.

• You do realize OkCupid. com is ONE dating site and doesn't represent the entire population, right? Not to mention OkCupid is nowhere near a reliable source at all.

From my experience, non-white men, especially Blacks and Latinos, can get most girls they want. I see it as the exact opposite.

• You do realize that the entire population won't be surveyed on this right? It's not a census question, nor do I expect them to be honest if they did have to answer it.

• Nope - it just means that it is a sample study which can be extrapolated to reflect the choices of a population. Most scientific research is also based on sample studies.

• @Asker I know, and I don't trust "studies" in any way shape or form. I keep telling people these "statistics" the media feeds us is pointless, because there is no way to know for sure.

• This data has been out for a while now, and not just by OKcupid. Anyways, you have to create your own opportunities sometimes in this world. Black men don't fair that well in these findings either, but when i put myself out there, i find that a lot of these stats do end up going out the window when it comes to how women view me.

• Sure it's not as interactive as face to face. But it does give an idea as to who people are more attracted to. In real life, it shows who people would LIKE to date, but if they have a bad experience with that person and can't find any replacement, that's when they go for "left overs" (other races), and if they tend to have a good personality, some may even realize how superficial they've been and get serious with the person.

• even so... ibelieve race has nothing 2 do wid it 8)

• You can't blame people for who they find more attractive, it is what it is. Would you blame someone because they like apples more than oranges? No, it's their taste and you gotta respect it, period.

• Internet dating has always been just about sex.

• because race is a power structure.

the world is in fact racist whether you beleive it or not. its just brushed under a rug.

having said this a third of Asian americans are married to white girls

• I'm not doing a google search, put in a link.