There's a fine line between loving someone and being in love... Has he crossed it?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 4.5 years. We started dating when we were both very young; we're older and wiser now (he's three years older than me). I can't really compare our situation now to before since we were naive and long distance, and now we've matured and are living in the same town. I know he loves me but I'm not sure if he's IN love with me. He cooks for me, invites me out with his friends (sparingly), we see each other 4/7 days a week, we share our problems and talk about personal things (i. e. what we want out of life, family/friend problems, etc.), he knows all my quirks, and he always wants the best for me. On to the trivial things... He doesn't compliment me or show me off how I know guys and even his friends do for their girls, in fact, sometimes when we go out he acts like he doesn't know me. He doesn't ask a lot of questions like how my day went and he doesn't seem interested in what's going on in my life (i. e. he doesn't follow up on any issues I'm going through that I've mentioned to him). I often get the feeling that I'm "cramping his style" and that he's ashamed of me. Is he? He tells me he loves me and I know he does, but I'm just not sure if his feelings run deeper than simply caring about me.

What Guys Said 1

• sounds like he is kinda shy... no?

What Girls Said 1

• i think he crossed it.